TAS comic "Murder on Tuesday" Completed

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Kail, Nov 4, 2012.

?

What did you think of the TAS comic "Murder on Tuesday"?

1. It was great! Please make more!

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. It was Ok. More another, or don't. It doesn't matter to me.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. It sucked! You are wasting your time making these things.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

For the past year we have been releasing pages of "Murder On Tuesday" a Star Trek murder mystery every other week at www.startrekanimated.com, and it is finally complete. I invite you all to check it out and let me know what you think. If you would please look for and point out any typos, I would sure appreciate it! I hope you like it!

[​IMG]

http://startrekanimated.com/tas_comic10_main.html

2. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Now you see why I asked y'all to look for typos, I got one right in my poll!

3. Surak of Vulcan

Surak of Vulcan Ensign Red Shirt

If it helps, I rather liked it. From what I could tell, there weren't any noticeable typos.

4. lstyer

lstyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My only complaint is with the lettering. A better comic book style font would be a massive improvement. This font doesn't appear to distinguish between capital and lowercase letters, while traditional comics lettering actually does so distinguish.

For an example, look at this panel in which Luke Cage confronts Doctor Doom. At a first glance it appears to simply be all caps, but look more carefully at Doctor Doom's dialog. "I knew it had to be you!" "I" the personal pronoun has crossbars, while the "i" in "it" does not. That is because the personal pronoun is capitalized but the word "it" is not.

5. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Kail, good job. I enjoyed the story and encourage you to do more, if only because you enjoy it. Istyer's comment on the lettering is a good one. I never really noticed before, but it does look like the whole thing is capitalized. Again, nice work.

6. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the kind words guys. As far as the font is concerned, I've heard that before, but don't know of a better one. To me, the example looks like all caps. That's what I use, all caps because that's what it looks like in real comics to me.
    Edit: I've done a little experimenting with the Dr. Doom frame and find it to be virtually identical to what I'm using.

7. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

Quite enjoyed it. Look forward to the next one.

Sir Rhosis

8. lstyer

lstyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pay particular attention to the letter "i" in the Doctor Doom panel. It really makes a meaningful difference in readability.