Star Trek: TITAN: Animated Series

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Geoff Thorne, May 28, 2009.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It always surprises me when I hear people making the assumption that Titan wasn't designed to accommodate nonhumanoids. Titan was intended from the start to incorporate a crew of unprecedented diversity. We know that several crew quarters, including Aili Lavena's, Melora Pazlar's, and K'chak'!'op's, were adapted to accommodate their environmental needs before the ship was ever launched. Doesn't it therefore stand to reason that the ship's equipment and public spaces in general would've also been designed from the get-go with the varying physiologies of the crew in mind?

Aside from that, though, it is a valid point that a Choblik might occasionally need to increase his or her height in certain situations. I don't see it as a permanent posture, though.

Ogrebear likes this.
  2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Very cool with Torvig there!! :)

And Arpy--I think there are some fun uniform design possibilities, too. Even crossing the standard Federation uniform with Cardassian fashion was a thought-provoking challenge. I mean, unlike the TNG-era uniform, where it apparently wasn't that hard to make the necessary modifications, this one had a freaking turtleneck. And making Dakal wear that...yeesh! ;)

(The one funny thing, though...you'd have to do a pinning-on ceremony differently, due to where the rank is worn. "Prophets and Loss" seems to suggest that you don't touch a Cardassian's neck ridges unless you're putting a move on them!!! :cardie: )

Captain Stoner--thanks for the advice. By any chance, would you happen to have Photoshop or something, and be able to trace a line over top of it, and PM me, to show me where I went wrong?)

3. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think, in any ship design, the best you could do in terms of accommodation would be to average things out. Since the vast majority of the beings on TITAN are larger than Torvig (and certainly than Huilan) I would assume he'd have to adapt.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  4. Christopher

^A fair point.

5. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is a canon way to explain this. When the treaty between the Federation Alliance and the Dominion is signed, there's a man in an old uniform quite visible. There may have been other instances of this. Well and there's GEN with the two styles of uniforms coexisting.

Therefore, maybe the ship's crew can choose to use the older uniforms if they so desire lol. Besides I kinda like the old ones better.

6. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    ^So do I.

Maybe the gray shoulders versions are just yet another variant? Maybe they're the "camo" equivalent? :shifty:

7. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

For years, I thought the best TNG-era uniforms were the early-DS9 ones. I was bummed when they were replaced.

8. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The Early-DS9/Voyager ones look like 'onesie'-Pajamas to me. Useful as overalls for engineering or the like, but not very impressive as a uniform.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favorites are the TNG movies/Later DS9 ones. Although, I do like the look of the uniforms look here, it just matches the art style very well.

10. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

Great images. It would be great if CBS would commission a animated series to be shown maybe on Cartoon Network. It seems every sci-fi/fantasy movie is followed by a animated series. Star Wars Clone Wars, Iron Man, etc. and they all are of high quality with good stories. Why not Star Trek (again)?

11. Captain Fine

I think it's a great idea, as I've mentioned before. I think there's clearly a demand for this type of product. And CBS doesn't even have to look hard. The artist is right here in this very thread :D

12. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you for posting these really great images.I really envy your talent.
    I was having a bit of trouble envisioning some of Titans' more non-humanoid cast,but these images are a great help.:bolian::techman:

13. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow... just wow. =D

14. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    That's exactly how I've felt.

15. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just an update. Someone who saw the pics on my Deviant Art page has asked for a commission so I'm taking a short break to do it (cha-ching!)

after that, we'll be seeing Jaza, Ogawa and Noah, Orilly, Chaka, and several others before I close out TITAN (until I read Swallow's book).

Talk amongst yourselves.

(Fun, innit?)

16. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always think of the internet when I read Orilly's name.

17. Christopher

Why?

18. Captain Fine

Is it because of the Orly Owl?

[​IMG]

19. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's because of the O RLY owl.

Am I pronouncing Orilly wrong in my head?

20. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I keep picturing Caitians playing keyboards because of the Internet.