Starting a Heroes marathon!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cky, May 1, 2009.

1. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Well, last week I watched all of the Trek movies with my missus as we're both going to watch Star Trek XI next friday, and today she's gone on a 3 day holiday with her parents and I'm not working until tuesday.

I just watched 'An Invisible Thread' last night and I thought I could completely catch up with Heroes and watch the first episode, right the way though to the last in Volume Four!

I've just started Genesis, but I watched the unaired pilot of Genesis which I actually prefered over the aired version.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Willing to suffer thru Maya and Alejandro, Hiro's Amazingly Boring Medieval Journey, and Gabriel Petrelli all over again?

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. Metaphorically speaking. :D

And I definitely found the original pilot inferior to the one they used. The smartest idea they ever had was to nix the Islamic terrorist plotline. Gurgh, this is just not the right show for that stuff.

3. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Yeah I didn't enjoy the Islamic terrorist plot, but it was interesting how it all fitted together with the original storyline.

But I missed most of volume two and the second half of volume four, so most of these things I've not seen before. (Although the Maya and Alejandro storyline I did see, and I wasn't impressed).

4. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was planning to see season 2 over again(& season 3 as soon as it was on dvd) but the finale left such an icky taste in my mouth. An seeing Nathan again is just gonna depress me. :(

5. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Yeah, each time I see Nathan I keep thinking "awh...awwwwh..."

6. Temis the Vorta

I think it will just make Nathan's scenes more poignant. And 5YG more spooky, because even though they tried to stop it, it's still coming true. :eek:

In fact, there's the overall plotline this show needs - the idea that try as they might, the future scenario that they thought they avoided in S1 is still happening because of destiny and fate and all the other stuff Mohinder blathers about in the voiceovers.

What about the notion that Peter needs to stop some other type of bad future (the vortex thing) by using time-travel combined with Sylar's seeing ability, so he'll know what about the future needs to be changed, rather than just flailing around blindly, which is why time travel stories don't work now.

That ability is still there, waiting to be picked up and used...as soon as Peter gets over the whole "MA! Why didn't you TELL me!" thing. ;)

7. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I know, I remembered that episode where Sylar is Nathan all along, and then goes to confront Peter. They could bring up a storyline that the bad future will actually happen, and no matter how much you try and change it, eventually a variation of the future that was predicted will happen.

I'm just waiting for something to happen that will give Peter his scar. I thought it was going to happen during volume two when he joins up with Adam.

8. Temis the Vorta

They explain this in S3, but earlier - part of the Arthur Petrelli storyline.

9. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Oh really? Damn. I was hoping he would get it in the opening episodes of Volume Five, along with some sort of storyline involving Ando using his red lightning on Hiro, Sylar vs Peter, and the possibility of Claire "killing" Peter.

I say that because of the Volume Five opener, won't spoil anything but you know what I mean :p.