Hurley & Ben Spin-off?

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Jetfire, May 24, 2010.

1. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking about this. It's a combination of the writing and the acting that makes it so watchable for me. For example, I probably wouldn't be that into an Admiral Pressman series, because there's not much complexity to the character we saw in "Pegasus." He's just the usual rigid authority figure. But these characters have depth; combined with the actors' take, it makes them good enough to watch in "Watching Paint Dry."

Still, probably better to hang up their gloves while we're still interested, as opposed to after we're not.

2. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Wait....so that water was the fountain of youth all by itself?

I figured it was something about the current protector offering water to someone.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did Jacob's mother give him water or wine?

i thought when Jacob did it to Jack, he had mysteriously turned the water into that special wine.

When Jack gave Hurley the water, the water was still dirty, Jack didn't say any special incantation, and he had lied about taking back the protectorship from Hurley (so i assumed the procedure was fake as well).

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sawyer & Straume: artwork's already done.

I dunno about that name, tho...

The Redneck and the Smart-Aleck?

Ghost-Buster Meets Boastful Hustler? (say that ten times fast!)

5. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if Hurley did turn the island to Fantasy Island.

6. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

What about Ben and John as teachers?

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That's the impression I got. And maybe there isn't any official "protector". Maybe someone just keeps watch of the island and uses the water near the light to live a long time. Anything else is probably just song and dance.

I still like Miles with Ford. Can't top that.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The first thing Hurley did as the protector of the island was bring the Globetrotters to the island.

9. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Just saw a quickie article saying the complete series set will have a 12-14 min. extra scene, an epilogue featuring Hurley as protector. Apparently Emerson mentioned it in an interview. That would be cool.

10. Morpheus 02

How about Ford with Miles?:lol:

11. Morpheus 02

i am imagining some dialogue, of a new castaway questioning Hurley and Ben about their relationship with the Island

Hurley: dude, i'm like the protector of this Island, protecting it from bad guys who wsnt to hurt the heart of the Island and, um, other bad guy stuff.

Castaway: Ooooookay. How about you, Ben? Why are you here on the Island?(thinking Ben will make much more sense)

Ben: Oh, where shall I start? Let me just summarize by letting you know that I helped massarcre an entire group of settlers, including my own father. Later, I wound up letting my daughter get killed by denying being her father. Then I killed the previous protector of this Island, almost let a smoke monster destroy the world. So basically, this is my community service sentence.

Castaway goes into shell shock as they realize what kind of situation they are in.

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be cool to see Hurley and Ben ala Fantasy Island.

Making it exclusive to the complete series DVD is an absolutely blatant attempt to fleece fans out of more money.

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Consider me fleeced!

14. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've already bought the dvd sets as they came out. I won't be buying the complete set just for that. I'll download it online, about, say, 6 hours after the complete box set hits the shelves of Best Buy.