How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well this kind of sucks. Thanks to my antiquated DVR set-up I can't watch one show and record another, and HIMYM is up against the Broncos on Monday Night Football. And we only have one TV.

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

20 minutes... That's nothing. The broncos prolly will crush the raiders so hard the team would be called Oakland Diamonds after tonight. You can go back and forth those 20 minutes.

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

There's two episodes tonight.

4. Finn

^and how does that negate my reply?

The game starts 8:40, during the second episode

5. tighr

Apologies, neglected to look at your location.

Here on the West Coast, the game will be in the fourth quarter... usually the best part of games. Maybe not this one, but most games. 8pm-9pm PT would be most of the 3rd quarter and all of the fourth quarter.

6. Finn

Actually, I just realized Kirby's location meant he was in Denver, as in Mountain Daylight Savings. How I met your mother would be right in middle of the game for him.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That was a perfect episode(s). I'm totally in love with the Mother already. Her scenes with Lily were magical. And we actually to see her and Ted together and in love! It's amazing how much that payoff works after all these years of waiting!

And the bit about the ring-bear was hilarious. As was Barney and Robin turning out to be related. LMAO!

8. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. I'm in Denver and kick off was at 6:40 and HIMYM starts at 7:00. Great game that the Broncs are dominating. So I'll watch it and catch the show on line somewhere tomorrow.

9. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now that I've seen the mother I'm probably out. I used to love this show but it's getting less and less funny. I was going to stick it out to the end but I don't know.

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

"I'll be right back." "I'll be here."

That exchange was just beautiful, I couldn't figure out why it affected me so much until I read your post. It's the perfect pay off to the series, and yet it's not the end, because while it was nice seeing Ted and The Mother together, what I (and I'm sure others) are really waiting for is when Ted finally meets her.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How do they spell som'abitch? Some'o'abitch? Smabch!?

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That WAS a terrific episode. All the characters flaws came together and the payoff at the end with The Mother almost made me tear up (I'm such a sap!). I hope the rest of the season can live up to that.

Oh, and that bit about nibbling the chocolate on the brother's cake was all kinds of wrong. :lol:

It sounded closer to "sum`beech."

13. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

It was nice to have a scene with Ted and the Mother in the future. Hope they do more of that before showing them actually meeting, esp. if the meeting is later in the season.

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I decided to venture over to "The Land that Time Forgot" or in other words, the IMDB message boards, to see what folks are saying about the premier:

People are still complaining about the new format, which is fine I suppose. Though after tonight I can see how it will work (for me, at least).

One complain was hilarious though...saying that it will annoy him with all the continuity errors that will pop up between episodes now since they're all meant to take place at the same time (hair styles changing, clothes changing, etc.).

15. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

She is perfect.

16. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love it. I have not other words for it, I'm looking forward to see more :D

17. tighr

Episode titles don't really count for spoilers, but they released the name of the 16th episode (200th overall in the show) and it is titled "How Your Mother Met Me". It's reasonable to assume that's when it finally happens.

I like how the mother remains nameless... I wonder how long they can keep this up.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There has to be a pool on that in Vegas.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Her name is going to be weird and unusual. Nothing like Jane or Sara or Ashley!

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Something that goes well with Mosbey.

Moved the episodes. great start to the season.