The Vampire Diaries - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kosh Naranek, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

My problem is that I really don't care about anyone. I am not sure I was ever really invested in the characters. I used to like with what they did with the lore and flashbacks. (Though the lore was a little light and fluffy. I enjoyed it.)

The cast is just there, and I don't think anyone's death would faze me.

I liked Alaric's send off with the candles and thought of that as his big death scene. (I liked his drinking and grousing.) Then they ruined that with his resurrection or whatever you would call it.

No one really amuses me or makes me root for them, and that is a sad state.

Thought about the mark though -

[LEFT]Rebecca's middle ages boyfriend's mark was complete because he was an advanced hunter.

When you see him and the original 5 being created, he does not have the mark.

[LEFT]I think Jer took the cheap way out of completing the mark by killing Kol and ending his line. It seems that as hunter's gain skill and knowledge they advance and so do their marks. The hunter we saw last night seemed much quicker and was able to overpower Damon.

I get a feeling that Jeremy will suffer do to the shortcut method of his tat growing.

Vaughn's had progressed far up his arm, and he seemed more knowledgeable, quicker and stronger.

...but that is just a theory...

[/LEFT]
    [/LEFT]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's pretty much what they said in the show I think. You get a bit of the mark with every Vamp kill. Elena and Jeremy killed Kol because they hoped the death of his line would fast forward through the process.

3. js

js Captain Captain

And I'd be totally fine with that too. So long as Rebekah dies - then I only have to watch one whiny crying Original sibling and one annoying werewolf as I'm watching The Originals for the awesome Elijah. :)

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think this last one was the most I've enjoyed an episode in a while.
    I thought they announced that Claire Holt was going to be on The Originals.
    As for the cure, I'm thinking something is going to happen that it gets destroyed before everyone can take it. I could see maybe Elena taking it, and make Rebekha, but that's it.

5. js

js Captain Captain

Read last night they've confirmed Claire Holt (Rebekah) for the spinoff.

Damn.

Squabbling siblings here we go... :(

I don't know if I'll be able to watch that even for the awesome Daniel Gillies' Elijah. :(

6. Kosh Naranek

So Jer is a dead man? Maybe... Was the other hunter killed? I could not tell.

The ep rolled along. I hope they leave Shane to rot. He is mass murderer by proxy. Not that they are saints.

Maybe they are moving toward Rebekah and Klaus reconciliation? He did give her crucial info on the cure.

Why did those ninnies not stop and wonder if there was more than one dose? Were they imagining the ancient world's version of a Big Gulp?

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jeremy warned Catherine about the hunters curse just in time.

Jeremy may be dead, but the Hunters curse will mean that the actor has plenty of time left on the show.

I wonder if the Hunters Curse works like the Slayers legacy?

Buffy died, then a new slayer was tapped when Xander gave her CPR, back from the dead and now they're two Slayers... It's like her crew never saw Flatliners that they could have all become slayers without Willow haven't to magic out like that...

But if Jeremy flatlines, taps the curse, and then someone cprs him and other medical attention... Does that mean that he's souless if his soul if off haunting Silus(?) or that it's splintered?

Point being is that he can safely learn to die and come back, probably with drugs, that he puts himself in a position that he kills 99 percent of himself and some other bad guy kills the last 1 percent and then he comes back...

If he's haunting 80 bad guys, that means that he controls them to a point.

General Jeremy.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I wonder if Jeremy will stay dead this time?
    I assumed from the moment they said there was only one does it would go to Elena, but I have to admit after her little talk in this one, I'm not as sure now. I am actually becoming curious to see where the storyline is headed.

9. js

js Captain Captain

I'm lost as to why Jeremy is apparently dead. Does he not have his magic ring anymore?

10. Kosh Naranek

The Gilbert rings don't work on "supernatural beings," if memory serves.

When Elena inherited her bio dad's/Uncle John's ring, she let Alaric keep on wearing it because as a Doppelganger it would not work on her.

Jeremy had the ring that belonged to his bio dad and Elena's adoptive father/uncle.

Now that Jeremy is one of the Five, is he not also an supernatural being? A witch's spell created the Petrova Dopplegangers, and a witch's spell created the Five.

I guess we shall see.

11. js

js Captain Captain

^ If that's the case, I hope he gave the ring to Matt to protect him. Someone should be getting use out of the thing!

Maybe it's that there have been so many "deaths" on the show, or maybe it's the way it was shot, but it just doesn't feel like a "final death" for Jeremy for me. Because if it was a final death for him, I would be upset as he's been a fave character for me since the start of the show. This just felt... off. The direction maybe.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't he stop wearing his ring after Alaric's drove him crazy?

13. Kosh Naranek

[LEFT]Damon put Jeremy's Gilbert ring in his pocket did he not? Was Alaric buried with the other one? I hope not.

I agree. Matt should be given one to protect him.

Elena usually annoys me, but her denial over Jeremy's death was well played. All the pictures of Steven McQueen was a nice touch.

I love it when the brothers Salvatore have a moment, and Jeremy's death forced them to realize what was truly important.

If I was Rebecca, I would not have been knocking around that island alone. I wonder if she will heal Shane just to haul him back as proof?

Why is Bonnie not questioning these "visions" that she is having? She knows from what Jeremy told her in the tomb that Silas can use visions of the dead to manipulate people.

[/LEFT]

14. js

js Captain Captain

This episode was Julie Plec's attempt to remake Joss Whedon's "The Body" ep of Buffy.

It failed.

And I think the show has now jumped the shark. :(

15. Kosh Naranek

I think the characters are losing IQ points. At least it felt like they would ask the obvious questions back in seasons 1 and 2. Now they just feel like mindless cardboard cutouts moved around to suit the plot.

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Once again we have a plotline involving supposedly sympathetic people planning mass murder and/or the destruction of the world for the sake of some stupidity. Charming.

As for Matt: it's pretty clear that nobody cares about him. He's the last human of the group, and nobody bothers to suggest giving him Jeremy's ring.

Regarding Damon: Seriously? Your solution is to turn off the emotions of a newbie vampire...? She's your sire. You could have just told her to be at peace over Jeremy's passing. You didn't need to shut all her emotions down and turn her into ripper 2.0 (or 3.0?).

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the whole turning off her emotions thing was kinda stupid. Didn't everything go to hell when that happened to Stefan? It's also getting a little annoying that they seem to just keep randomly throwing Katherine into the story just for the hell of it.
    I'll admit my memory of it isn't real clear, but I thought everyone but Bonnie was actually disgusted by the whole sacrificing twelve people thing?

18. js

js Captain Captain

The difference between Kevin Williamson showrunning and Julie Plec showrunning.

Then again, last night I gave up on Williamson's The Following because it was going nowhere, so...

19. js

js Captain Captain

Yes, but now she's in thrall to Shane/Silas, so she's just a programmed drone. :( Until she's conveniently not.