So I have FINALLY started watching Enterprise... love it so far!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Trek Survivor, Feb 25, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dude. This is the future. Women aren't held back by your prurient ideas on nightwear. Obviously it was very balmy.

2. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    How else would you dress Hoshi? Assuming as a supervillain you let your antagonist wear clothes? I'll stop now.
    Conner Trineer
    Barbecue fish
    T'Pol in Gel
    Frothy Dress

3. BMariner

BMariner Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Do I? Fine, but they should make me want to embrace them. I felt like the actors are just reading scripts. I don't diss their effort. It seemed like they were really trying. I just don't think they're particularly good actors.

I came to Enterprise without bias and I still have none. If it gets better, I'll readily praise it. I actually love the theme song and think it's entirely appropriate, and I absolutely love the fact that the writers and producers have virtually eliminated the transporter crutch.

4. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

All trek series had their stiff/not-so-good acting early on.

Agree on the transporter thing, although my take would have been not to have one installed at all until about season 3.

Stick with it, as all trek series it really starts to take of (for most) with season 3 and hits gold in season 4.

5. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"The Shipment": A good solid action piece. I liked the Xindi scientist, and some of his interactions with Archer. I already feel the Xindi storyline feels a bit repetitive (I did with the Dominion in DS9 as well) but hopefully the season will still have plenty of twists and turns.

"Twilight": This had shades of earlier Trek stories (e.g. "The Visitor" without the emotional punch) but on its own merit, this was an entertaining story. The decimation of humanity was pretty dramatic and the story zipped along at a fair pace. One of the better season 3 stories to date.

6. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Twilight" was one of my favorite episodes of the series.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

"Shuttlepod One" is often considered one of the better episodes of S1-2.

But then again it might depend on the type of stories you prefer. Sure I think "Shuttlepod One" could be improved, i.e Get rid of the scenes set on Enterprise during the episode and only have a small scene set in sickbay at the end, that's reworked due to not having Reed's Dream.

8. Yanks

Mine as well.

9. BMariner

BMariner Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I didn't mind the Enterprise scenes in Shuttlepod One. My beef was mostly with the poorly written dialog and the sub-par acting of Trinnear. Watch the TOS ep Galileo Seven and then re-watch Shuttlepod One. The dialog in Galileo is cheesy, but appropriate for its era. There is a real sense of dread and some serious character development in Spock. I saw none of that in Shuttlepod One-- or in Enterprise at all to this point (I just started S2).

10. Yanks

I thought Dominic's acting was the lesser of the two.

Galileo was nothing more than a "pick on Spock" because he's Vulcan episode. Character development in Spock?

11. Lazybear1

Lazybear1 Cadet Newbie

Yea I'm 26 and black so back in the 90's I had no unrest in trek. I only started watching the original Star Trek three weeks ago after into darkness on netflicks and was hooked got into tng after and watched the first episode broken bow
    After I was hooked and enterprise is my favorite one right now... The had no plasma shields, could bearly go to mock 5 and teportation was no joke ... John archer is a fuxkin good captin and his second in command is top
    Rate even though he's no Riker but it
    Works cuz they learn where they go here ... The fist episode broken bow ... Man

12. Lazybear1

Lazybear1 Cadet Newbie

I'm still on like season 1 episode 17 I have tng and the original going on to on netflix .... This show WAS SO underrated

13. Lazybear1

Lazybear1 Cadet Newbie

Btw acrcher, Picard , and Kirk had some danm good first officers ...
    Riker, Spock, Tripp

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it at the time and still like it, but now all I can see is the writers' room and someone suggesting "Memento, but in spaaaaaaace!"

15. Yanks

:lol::lol:

This is the only memento I needed :drool:
    Breakfast Yanks?
    [​IMG]

16. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Four more episodes over the Bank Holiday weekend, and I am glad to say that (for me) season 3 is just going from strength to strength!

"North Star":
    OK, so I loved this episode, but I am sure it's one of those that a lot of fans don't like. I like this sort of thing - a nice change of pace, something to reassure me that Trek doesn't always take itself so seriously. The western setting, gunslingers vs MACOs, Archer as the Man With No Name (kind of...) - this was all hokey fun. And it had a very nice "Star Trek-esque" message at the end, where the kids were being taught together...good stuff.

"Similitude":
    This was a good one, mainly for the acting from Bakula and Billingsley. Archer and Phlox both had some great moments here, as did T'Pol (and obviously Trip). As with much of Enterprise, it takes what you think is a "typical"/well-trodden Trek/sci-fi plot and gives it a fresh twist. "You were a damn fine father"; "And you were a damn fine son". Lump in the throat. Good stuff.

"Carpenter Street":
    The premise is a little dubious, but Archer/T'Pol in the past, kicking doors down and leaning on that guy from E.R is kind of appealing for some reason. I don't know if I'd call this a classic by any means, but it was entertaining to watch.

"Chosen Realm":
    Enterprise has set a high bar with alien make-up on the whole, so slightly disappointing look for the religious alien race here - but the story itself: Very good. Using Enterprise as a weapon was a good plot device (though similar to that TNG episode where they lost their memories, "Conundrum"), and I thought Archer came off very well in this episode. The alien leader was suitably creepy.

So, an improvement to season 3 for me but as I've said before, even when the story itself is disappointing, I find 'Enterprise' episodes usually have something in to keep me interested.

17. Yanks

A wonderful "break" from the season 3 story line. Classic trek here in my book.

One of my favorites. I do wish they hadn't shown the dead trip in the beginning. This might have made the episode even more gripping (the first time). I thought the casting of young Trip's was very well done. Every one of them I thought depicted a young Trip to the tee.

I loved this episode. Some good fun mixed in with a serious mission.

Enterprises' "militant Muslim" episode. I thought this one was sone very well too.

Glad you are enjoying it. It only gets better!

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

North Star is very popular TrekSurvivor.. as well it should be.

You might find this video pretty great..

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FiKAKdQP5Y[/yt]

19. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Lazybear, you need to read the board rules and learn how to edit your own posts. Consecutive posts are usually considered spamming and subject to warnings. No problem this time but please take note.

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also, Trip wasn't first officer of the Enterprise, that was T'Pol.

Just sayin'.