What Setting Would You Like For The Next Series?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Bry_Sinclair, Aug 23, 2013.

?

On What Would You Like A New Trek Series Based?

1. A Starship

38 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. A Fleet

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. A Station

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. A Colony

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Other (please specify)

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

And it's questionable the die-hard fans would watch at that.

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would love to see TOS rebooted on television in a similar manner to how it was done with the rebooted Battlestar Galactica. :bolian:

3. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

^ I thought about that too, but if they rebooted it with the new actors, it would have to be in the new timeline, where any episode involving Vulcan would be nixed, and episode involving Spock's mother would be nixed, the Menagerie would be nixed, (one of my favorite episodes), and a lot of the episodes would need a storyline change, to fit the timeline.

It would be sweet if they hadn't messed around with timelines and such, but now it's just not possible... :(

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It would just be a case of having it be the mother of all reboots--wiping away both the prime and Abrams universes as if neither happened and starting over again with a clean slate. It would actually be very easy to do, especially if it looked noticeably different from both (different cast, slightly different uniforms, a different Enterprise NCC-1701, etc.).

I think the age of any Trek continuity lasting more than ten years is pretty much passed. As with the various superhero movie franchises, Star Trek could very well be a property that will be continually reinvented and updated every so often.

5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... Agreed!

6. David.Blue

David.Blue Commander Red Shirt

No argument from me! I am reminded of an episode of Red Dwarf when learns a remake of Casablanca is in the works. The man is livid! He says "The 2031 version with Zoltan O'Brian is a CLASSIC!" (I have zero idea what date actually was or the name of the actor, btw :p )

7. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Officer thinking! This is precisely what I'd like to see.

8. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

I certainly hope so. Trek should periodically reinvent itself to stay relevant.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I still think a fleet show would cover all the bases.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I went with Station. I just love that kind of setting. Hub of travel! A colony will end up being little better than earth.

11. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I'd like to see a combination. A ship based out of a station, similar to the latter years of DS9. Each episode could be a two-parter or mini-arc with occasional stand-alones. One episode might involve the station, while the follow-up involves the ship, and other episodes or arcs would involve a plot requiring interaction with both locations. Unfortunately, you'd probably need 10 major characters.