"Polaris"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Admiral Buzzkill, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Can anybody tell? ;)

It's a container for Bubble Tape candy. Fairly easy to find still.

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

One place I found great for prop and set greeblies were electronics surplus stores. I found a place in the bay area that's just chock full of old electronics and cases and switches and packing materials of all shapes and sizes. I spent $45 and walked out with two crates of goodies and a small piece of a clean room.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Just Superglue a Lady Schick Razor to the Inhaler and you've got a perfect... uh, whatever it is. :D

4. Hudson_uk

Hudson_uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like a bubble gum case to me..

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll have to look for the bubble gum case - cutting it apart and using some of that ridged edge would help with another prop.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Nick Cook has accepted the role of Commander Paul Duncan, the executive officer aboard the eponymous starship in the independent film Polaris which begins lensing September 2009.

Nick is best known for the role of Captain Daniel Hunter in Starship Intrepid the Internet fan film series which he helped create and also serves as lead writer and producer. He's most recently been seen as the character of Hodel in Star Trek: Phase II's episode "Blood And Fire."

Nick resides in Dundee, Scotland and describes himself thusly:

When not earning a slightly moldy crust as a theatre nurse, Cook wiles away what little free time has writing, acting, annoying his wife...In a marginally successful attempt to add a few crumbs to his crust, he has also produced several educational videos on anaesthesia.

As an actor, he is especially proud of his voice work on Martin Lejeune's 'Making Kelham Famous' his onscreen flirting with the delightful Risha Denney in Hidden Frontier's 'Operation Beta Shield', and his wonderfully gory demise in Star Trek: Phase II's 'Blood and Fire'.

About the character

Paul Duncan enlisted in the United Worlds Navy after escaping the invasion and enemy occupation of the rural settlement planet Wōden. In contrast to Sam Fredericks and Valerie Young, Paul has little interest in space exploration and no great loyalty or love for Old Earth. He hates the Transhumans and is dedicated to liberating his home world.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  7. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

AWESOME news about getting Nick Cook onboard! :techman:

8. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Polaris is getting an awesome cast together -- congrats to Nick Cook, aka USS Intrepid.

9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Dennis, now you just need to kidnap Michael Buford and make him do your bidding. lol

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Yeah, Mike is great.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

12. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Those engines are looking mighty snazzy, but I hope you don't ditch the ring.

13. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, I like the ring, too, but I think the four engines are a bit much.

14. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, snazzy engines, but I think they clash with the look of the Polaris a bit much, yanno? Sort of have a starfighter vibe, while Polaris has this 1701/C57-D thing goin on. Plus, the ring is smexy.

15. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Wasn't Strazinski working on something called Polaris?

16. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Try to keep in mind that the sketch showing the new engine design was intended to focus on the engines only and the rest of the ship is basically a "placeholder." I am working on various details and additions that will hopefully make everything blend into a harmonious whole, at least as much as you would expect for an unarmed science vessel that was refitted into a warship.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

I googled it and apparently he was, around 2001 or so (the last update on its status was 2003). He doesn't appear to have ever released any description of it other than the title.

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Dennis, who is heading this project up, is it just your baby or are there different groups involved?

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Right now D.J. Nielsen, Paul Seiber and myself are producing.

20. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

JMS seemed excited about it from what I read. Does that pose a problem with the title? There's no copyrites, right?