Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
  2. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I can never seem to get a good photo of Holly, now 12, the cat we've had the longest. We adopted her and her sister in Canada in 2004, and they moved back to England with us in 2006. I must stalk her (which will go down really well) and see if I can get some good photos of our oversized furball.

Last summer we adopted two other elderly cats. Lucy is 13 and her mother, Lizzie, is 14. Looking at them you'd never think they were that old. They may be small, but they're packed with attitude and are very much lap cats. My younger son is often stuck in the position in the photo. :) I couldn't tell you if that's Lizzie or Lucy on his lap, because they look so much alike.

[​IMG]

3. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

"Hold that pose young human-I'm not done napping yet!"

How is Banshee the diaper kitty coming along B.J.?

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She's doing fine. She seems to have settled into the routine of going into her crate while we're gone during the day, and into her diaper when we're home. She really doesn't like us having to put it on her, so it usually takes two of us to change her. But she does get around just fine with it on, running around and chasing her buddy Phantom and climbing the furniture.

Her scars are slowly healing and the fur is starting to grow back. She does try to use the litter pan, but nothing happens on command yet, although we're still hopeful! The vet did say that it would probably take several months before she'd get function back, if she does.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

6. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    ^Attention-seeking cat deletes everything :). Feel bad for finding that funny.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

My female, Chance, craves attention at 5:00 in the morning on a very regular basis. I barely notice it anymore and just give her a few scratches while I am more than half asleep.

This morning Chance had another surprise in store for me though. At about 6:30 I heard the unmistakable sound of a cat regurgitating. I have hardwood in my bedroom so it wasn't so bad. I got up, cleaned it up and went back to bed in the hopes of getting a bit more sleep before my alarm went off. Unfortunately about ten minutes later I heard the same thing again except this time Chance was sitting on my dresser. She managed to vomit over a pair of clean jeans I had folded and put there the night before and all over my Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray disc which I had taken out of my PS3 and neglected to put back in its case.

You gotta love cats.

8. Savage Dragon

Here's Chance getting comfy in my daughter's collection of doll clothes and blankets.

[​IMG]

9. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^I had a box of that size (canvas over cardboard though) ½ filled with soft cat-toys... I hoped my Füb would find it a comfy place to lie -I even put it in a perfect cat-hideout place (high up, warm and with a 'ceiling' of sorts) -but she never took to it :sigh: My laundry baskets of the same size however :rolleyes:

10. Savage Dragon

I think it's in their DNA. If it's a piece of your clothing they have to lie on it.

11. trekkiedane

^There's something about that, of course, but she even did it in a plastic basket, I'd never used as a laundry basket -one which had only a recently purchased fleece-plaid in it!

A friend, whose cat had just had kittens told me the kittens had pushed the top off a basket she uses to store her pantihose in just to find a comfy place though :rommie: So, yeah, I know about the 'smell-factor'.

12. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspect that for all of the garbage people say about cats not caring, they do find it comforting to have something with their owners' scent on it...like a child cuddling a doll because it reminds them of their parents' care.

13. trekkiedane

^Reminds me of the day I took a kitten home with me: her 'human mum' put a pair of her pantihose into the carrier with the cat :rommie:

14. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Two years ago, when I adopted Marigold, she was a "don't touch me!" cat. The only place she allowed to be petted was the top of her head.

Marigold now:

[​IMG]

15. trekkiedane

^Only comment possible:

"Awwww"!

16. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Awwwww...cuddle cuddle cuddle cuddle! :D

17. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

More adventures of Diaper Kitty, aka Banshee! (Or as we sometimes call her when she needs to be changed, "Smelly Cat"! :lol: ) She is such a sweet little cat and is an absolute lap lizard.

Helping my daughter with her homework:
    [​IMG]

Taking a nap with my youngest, who conked out trying to watch Batman Begins:
    [​IMG]

Helping Phantom, Sneezy, and Zoe (the dog) finish off dinner. Our other cat, Squeeky, doesn't come out much when the kids are up.
    [​IMG]

And finally, just one by herself:
    [​IMG]

18. trekkiedane

Love the updates on Banshee :bolilan:

I wish my cat would cuddle!
    We're getting there though, she's definitely getting more cuddlesome (?) as time passes, why just the other day she let me cuddle her for a whole minute :eek:
    Plus: she -apparently- likes sharing a bed with me -even if I have to push her off my legs several times every night :rommie:

19. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Especially if it's freshly laundered. :lol: Whenever I am getting ready to iron assorted laundry, the cat that is closest to the pile always climbs on top of it. I guess they really are cleanliness-loving animals. :techman:

This is Matilda, last Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For me the weekend is pet photoshoot time.

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Those are fantastic shots! And a very lovely kitty, as well. :bolian: