The Parker Supremacy (ASM2 Oscorp anticipation laboratory)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

2. Captaindemotion

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

... Aaaaand, Sheen is also back. I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, Raimi brought Uncle Ben back far too much, especially in SM3, so this smacks of retreading.

On the other hand, Sheen is awesome, and I loved him in ASM. So, I'm cautiously optimistic about this overall, but it may be best if they keep him to flashbacks/memories, rather than present-day imaginings.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope it's more to do in flashbacks fleshing out Peter's parent's history.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

6. Gaith

Knowing nothing about the character, I say: awesome. Giamatti is always great, and between a rhino-like character and Electro, I think we're guaranteed some badass fights. :D

7. Captaindemotion

IIRC, the Rhino was usually portrayed as a huge man but I suppose it also makes sense to have a small guy like Giamatti don the suit of armour as a means of making himself more threatening. Anyway, Paul Giamatti in any movie is always a good thing (even if this might mean he'll never play The Penguin, which he really ought to at some stage!)

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think thats what they did for the Ultimate version of the Rhino.

9. Gaith

Over on the latest IGN Movies Keepin' it Reel podcast (I'd link to it, but can't access IGN from work), one of the guys - Stax, I think - suggests something novel: that ASM2 begin mid-battle with a baddie only featured in that one opening sequence, much like a Bond opening. He makes the rather interesting point that, despite these superheroes having extensive rogues galleries, pretty much all such villains figure into the main stories of the movies at hand. The closest exception I can think of offhand is the Sentinels in X3, and those of course aren't actually real.

10. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Had hoped to see Giamatti as a JJ Klingon one day. Fear he may be wasted here but will be good anyway. Having just seen Antony Hopkins' Hitchcock, wondered if he might don the fatsuit again as Kingpin :). But dream casting would have been Robbie Coltrane.

11. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

It's something I've thought about as well. I like it because it's a way to include some minor villains who you might not ordinarily get to see.

The official synopsis has been revealed:

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy - between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away - but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Pretty vague really. No detonation.

12. Captaindemotion

Kingpin previously was owned by Fox, when they bought the rights to Daredevil. But Fox let it lapse and the rights to the character now belong to Marvel studios. Admittedly, as discussed above, Marvel might be more open to lending characters like him to Sony to appear in a Spider-man movie but it's still on the unlikely side.

Count me in as also supporting the 'Bond opening sequence' type approach to minor villains. A good way of including them without getting that cluttered approach of Spider-man 3 or the Schumacher Batman movies.

13. Captaindemotion

14. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks a million times better, but still looks too polished.

I'd love to see a Spidey film in which the costume looks quite rubbish like something actually put together by a kid.

15. Gaith

This is, indeed, the official pre-release discussion thread. [​IMG]

Interesting... definitely a more Raimi-looking suit...

16. Captaindemotion

Not visible in that pic but in another I saw online today the 'belt' is now back.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are we sure this isn't just somebody out dogging in a Spidey costume?

18. Captaindemotion

^Heehee! No web fluid jokes please!

19. Gaith