RPG Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Mar 24, 2005.

1. usscapella

usscapella Cadet Newbie

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

The Dominion war was one of the most catastrophic periods in Federation history, at the end of the war the Federation had lost more starships and personnel then it had in any other conflicts.

Now, almost ten years after the end of the war, the Capella is one of the many starships charged with the exploration of the Gamma quadrent, the Dominion's home.

Named after the brightest star in the Auriga constellation, the Capella is on a mission of peace and exploration, to upholds the principals that the Federation was founded upon and to protect those that cannot protect themselves.

If you are interested in being a part of this adventure, why not have a look at our website (www.usscapella.net)

2. ariesspyder

ariesspyder Cadet Newbie

Looking for a new home?

Welcome to the Jericho System.

The Jericho System is the home of Star Station Orion, recently created by the Federation, on the frontier of Federation territory leading into the Beta Quadrant. It consist of a small station, two space dock facilities and two starships. It's in orbit around the colony of Jericho.

The colony on Jericho is a hotbed of opportunity. Jericho offers a fresh start for some and a place to strike it rich to others. Jericho Colony was created in 2370. Efforts to colonize Jericho suffered during the Dominion War and conflicts that followed.

The young colony consists of a Federation detachment and a Starbase to help the colony along, but most colonists look forward to the day where they become an independent planet with membership to the Federation.

Orion stress the importance of the Federation civilians more than the usual Starfleet RPG's. And is a proud member of FORGE Fleet. If you are interested in joining or have any questions at all, email me ariesspyder@gmail.com . We are looking for anyone interested in writing. Past role playing experience is not required and neither is a deep knowledge of Star Trek. Come with an open mind and a love for literature and we will welcome you with open arms.

Please check out our log archives. They can be found in our database. The database is located in the starbase section of the site.

http://www.forge-fleet.com/sms/orion/index.php?page=main

Captain Jason Carson
    Commanding Officer
    Star Station Orion

3. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Looking for a new home?

Any people want to start a Dominion war rpg?

I like Trek PBEM(play by email in yahoo group) but I could never find one that took place during the Dominion war. Would any people be interested in starting up something like that with me? Preferably someone who is or has experience from being a Captain who can push the sim forward since that is probably the hardest thing to find. I'm a good rp'er but really not someone who is good at pushnig people etc :/

I'd mainly want us to be a big ship, like a Galaxy or a Steam runner, not a Defiant class since the sim in my opinion should have exploration missions etc too, like most pbems.

We'd do our own missions etc of course and that would be the main thing, but maybe time to time take part in missions/ battles that we saw or heard of in the show, visit DS9, Bajor, maybe even the Gamma Quadrant.. everything is possible.

4. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Re: Looking for a new home?

MsKim: I could see you as the Captain of a Loknar-Class vessel, deployed as a Federation Border Service vessel.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/35868/5

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/35868/1

While you're out keeping an eye on the Federation (& some of the A.Q. Alliance-members' borders,) while the Jem Hadar are around, you find yourself caught in the middle of some bizarre circumstances.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/68932/2

Maybe an Event Horizon-Class (Klingon/Federation B.O.P.) vessel. Designed during the Dominion War by Alliance Engineers, some from the "Chalchaj 'qmey", or "Children Of Heaven" (from the Shatnerverse books,) on the planet Chal. A world populated by Klingon/Human/Romulan hybrid "augments".

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/68932/3

5. Commander_Kel

Commander_Kel Cadet Newbie

USS Voltaire

The USS Voltaire is a new simm getting off to a rocky start, but is eager to gain players and make its way to the stars.

An Intrepid class ship made for exploration, the Voltaire is preparing to launch on its first mission. Still in the prelude phase, we're a good simm for people to jump on right in the beginning. Almost all senior staff positions are open.

We're currently undergoing a possible merger into Bravo Fleet, which we hope to bring us more players and jump start our mission. If anyone would like further info, please, feel free to contact me, or check out the ship's site yourself in my signature.

6. Rebecca_Sandoval

Rebecca_Sandoval Cadet Newbie

The USS Erebus has been simming since 2001. That's right we've been around for 7 years. We are currently resturctureing the simm and we are looking for officers, crew, and civilians to fill several key positions. We are currently in the process of creating a Federation Civil War.
    http://usserebus.pfrpg.org/erebusboard/

7. Kareem_Morotai

Kareem_Morotai Cadet Newbie

New Darwin Colony - Enterprise Era PbEM Sim

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

On the edge of Klingon space lies a star system only explored by a few humans and aliens. The Klingons came first with their greed for the rich dilithium resources of the systems moons and the valuable resources of an untouched M-class planet. Enslaving a race called the Daliwakans they transported them across space and forced them to labor whilst they reaped the benefits in an oppressive and dark time.

The desperate cries of the Daliwakans did not go unheard. A race from the planet Earth calling themselves the Humans came with their powerful starship's and drove the Klingons away liberating the slaves from their captivity.

In a spirit of gratitude and co-operation the Daliwakans and the Humans create New Darwin Colony. Its strategic place on the outskirts of Klingon space make it a perfect place for monitoring their activities. The colony is growing, but there are many more adventures and challenges to come. So why not join us on our journey of creativity? Make your mark on the foundation of New Darwin Colony!

We are looking to recruit experienced or first time gamers to join our crew either as Humans or Daliwakans. We currently have vacancies in a number of positions and invite you to explore our crew roster and website data.

New Darwin Colony - http://new-darwin.firstera.net

Start living in this unique era of Star Treks history. Be inspired again by where it all began.

New Darwin is part of The First Era group.

Full training is available to acclimatise you with the 22nd Century and to teach you the basics of gaming if you are a new player.

Kareem Morotai
    morotai@btopenworld.com

8. whiteschwoch

whiteschwoch Cadet Newbie

The Federation: Join the Fight for Survival

Greetings all--

Please come and check out The Federation, a unique play be e-mail
    (PBeM) Star Trek sim organization. We are dedicated to an intimate,
    close-knit simming group -- each of our four duty stations has its own
    unique concept and plots. These very different locations include
    starbases, starships, and combinations thereof. Members are always
    welcome to move around the fleet to get diversity in their simming.

The United Federation of Planets is no more. In its place stands the
    Federation, a small and struggling alliance of aliens and officers who
    are trying to rebuild after a ravaging and years-long war with the
    Reptilian Alliance.

Our members work with the leadership to set policy, plots, and handle
    grievances. We work together well and focus on having fun, rather than
    getting caught up in group politics. The site administrator frequently
    consults members on these matters, to ensure that things hard handled
    fairly.

Other features include...
    • Elective Advanced Academy Training -- sign-up for advanced training in your character's specialty (medical, command, etc.) or any other!
    • Online newspaper, member-written and -edited.
    • On active forum, chock full of sim and real life issues.
    • An extensive database of all things Trek.
    • Our promotion process is objective and based on number of posts.
    So, if you want a group of friendly people who welcome beginners and
    experienced simmers, come check us out!

http://www.stfederation.org

Click here to join: http://www.stfederation.org/join.htm

NB: Our application was having problems for the past six months, but
    is now fixed. If you applied for membership and never heard back, we
    apologize and kindly ask you to reapply at this time.

Any questions, please contact me at at whiteschwoch [ at ] hotmail [
    dot ] com.

p.s. Be sure to mention this add when you sign-up!

Regards,

Cmdr Travis White-Schwoch
    Commanding Officer
    Hargoth Base
    The Federation

9. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The year: 2371. Reports of strange sightings, beyond the stable
    wormhole near Bajor are running rampant in Star Fleet and throughout the
    entire Alpha Quadrant. Ships are lost and never heard from again. Others
    come back to report sights of ships and soldiers of incredible
    brutality.

One day the crew on the Ambassador-class USS Evolution receives a
    communication from Starfleet Command, marked Top Secret:

"The Galaxy-class USS Odyssey has been destroyed in the Gamma Quadrant.
    You are to report there, survey for survivors and retrieve as much
    data as you can. Included in this message is a report from Captain
    Benjamin Sisko."

A Time to Stand

Have you ever wanted to be part of the excitement during the Dominion
    War? Never found a sim that took place in that era? Join A Time to
    Stand, a new sim taking place during the Dominion War. Be a part of it from
    the beginning! Experience the Cold war, the tension with the Klingon
    Empire, the massacre of the Tal'Shiar and the Obsidian Order! Be there to
    learn that Cardassia joins the Dominion!

A Time to Stand is a Star Trek Yahoo! Sim taking place from 2371 and
    onward. We will experience many kinds of adventures, all in the shadow of
    the Dominion. Experience new races, adventures, be part of space
    battles and away missions seen on screen or mentioned off screen!

We are currently looking for:

First Officer/XO
    Chief Medical Officer
    Chief of Security/Marine Officer

We will also accept applications for these positions:

Science Officer
    Helm Officer

Please be experienced and have a passion, and be able to post atleast twice a week if not more.

If you're interested respond to misskim_86@yahoo.com

10. saintpaulos

saintpaulos Cadet Newbie

USS Adriatic (NCC-79232) is Darwin Class Federation Starship, the
    pathfinder of her class, under the leadership of Lt Commander Xin Ra-
    Dreii.

We are currently looking for experience simmers in the following
    positions:
    Command Master Chief
    Chief Medical Officer
    Chief Strategic Operations Officer
    Chief Flight Control Officer
    Chief Operations Officer
    Chief Engineering Officer
    Chief Security Officer

We also have positions available for new simmers:
    Assistant Chief Operations Officer
    Assistant Chief Medical Officer
    Assistant Chief Science Officer
    Assistant Chief Engineering Officer
    Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer

and many more positions available please ask.

This simulation is a Star Trek SMS Role-playing Game based in the
    current year 2384, and proudly members of Siren Fleet and Task Force
    342. We are currently seeking at least 4 members to become active.

To find out more please visit [COLOR=#9136ad]http://adriatic.seventeen13.com[/COLOR]

11. Solomon Grace

Solomon Grace Ensign Red Shirt

Star Trek: Independence "Claim Yours, Today!"

The USS Independence NCC-91805 (Sovereign Class) is in dire need of crew for her next mission. Mission summary is as follows:

Episode 4: Big Score

The Bendrolli, a very hierarchical civilization with a mandate to acquire technology for their Elite sponsors.

The Independence and her crew continue their one year exploration mission to the far reaches of the Beta Quadrant. On this leg of their journey, the Independence and her crew spend the better part of the last two months charting planetary systems. Their current mission takes them to the system designated as NGC4258 which happens to be in Bendrolli space.

The Independence encounters an unknown probe which appears and scans the entire ship. The probe then disappears. At a heightened alert, the Independence and her crew continue with their mission when they are attacked by unknown ships. The Independence is then boarded by aliens, which begin to steal various forms of technology, to include the main computer processor.

The crew of the now crippled Independence attempt to track down the culprits and recover their stolen technology. Their journey takes them to 12 Ophiuchi, a haven for pirates and other unsavory characters, who buy and sell stolen technology. There they come face to face with the Bendrolli who attacked the Independence.

Now the crew of the Independence must overcome the Bendrolli and recover the stolen technology to get their ship back to full power or lose it to the Bendrolli.

If this peeks your interest, stop by and take a look at the Independence Website at http://ussindependence.trekhost.org/sms/ and the Independence Forum site at http://ussindependence.trekhost.org/smf/ You don’t want to be an Officer; well there are Enlisted and Warrant Officer, even Civilian positions available. Don’t see a position for yourself, we will work with you to find a place for you. So don't delay. First come first assigned. We would love to have you aboard.

The USS Independence is a proud member of Bravo Fleet, the premiere Star Trek RPG on the `net, Task Force 58, Peacekeepers, Task Group Alpha.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  12. Penta

Penta Commander Red Shirt

USS Incursion now recruiting!

Full disclosure: The GM, MB, wrote this. I'm just posting it and keeping the open positions bit neat.:) - Penta
    ---
    If you're caught, no one rescues you.
    If you're killed, no one knows you.

A PBeM Role Playing Game, inspired by the video game Star Trek: Away Team.

The year is 2383.

After the Dominion War, Starfleet realised that not every problem can be solved by a Galaxy-class starship and its thousand-member crew. Instead, sometimes a discreet inquiry by a special operations team may be needed. Thus, the USS Incursion is built. Equipped with advanced weaponry, state-of-the-art warp drive, and new sensory technology, the crew of the USS Incursion, under the command of Captain Dean Scott are some of Starfleet's elite. They are the best of the best. They do not exist in the system, fighting under the radar for the Federation.
    Visit the website here: http://www.freewebs.com/ussincursion/
    The game will be played in a Yahoo! Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USSIncursion/
    Minimum posting requirement will be 1-2 per week, per character.
    Experience is not a problem. We aim to be a very newbie-friendly community.
    Open Positions include:
    Chief Medical Officer
    There's also a full list of available positions on the website.

13. German Fed

German Fed Ensign Newbie

14. sturdymo08

sturdymo08 Cadet Newbie

I've just made a new Star Trek PBeM, the USS Horizon is a brand new Sovereign Class starship! We're currently fully independent with plans to move into an unmentionable fleet soon!

The top open positions are:

Executive Officer
    Chief Flight Control Officer
    Chief Tactical/Security Officer

Any new recruits who join for one of these positions will be promoted immediately to Lieutenant.

Other positions aside form these are also available including:

Chief Medical Officer
    Chief Operations Officer
    Chief Science Officer
    And many, many more!

Feel free to apply at:
    USS Horizon Website

15. USSAmazon

USSAmazon Ensign Newbie

16. NinjaMonkey

NinjaMonkey Ensign Red Shirt

USS Victory - Engineering Department

[​IMG]

USS Victory is a Star Trek-based SMS sim and a member of The Muskateers Task Group for Task Force 47, part of Obsidian Fleet. This is the home of Victory's Engineering Department.

A relatively new simm, our Captain has just introduced a micro-management policy that places department heads in control of certain OOC aspects of their department as well as in-play situations. In this capacity, I am seeking enthusiastic and dedicated writers to fill any of the 132 engineering positions aboard this Excelsior-class starship! Most key positions are available, and there will even be an opportunity for a suitable candidate to assume the Assistant Chief Engineer position in the upcoming months. (Plots abound.)

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, my contact details are on the site. If you're interested in another department, Victory has a number of positions still available, including some departmental heads which would put you in much the same position as I am in at the moment! (It's fun, I promise.)

OOC: I started out my simming career in the Star Trek universe and returned in February because I just couldn't stay away forever. I'm an extremely overactive writer, I like to think I'm reasonably proficient, and scheming and plotting exciting plot and character developments is my forte. I thought I'd add this since, as it stands, I'm currently recruiting for a department which only has me in it at the moment. :guffaw:There's a sample of my writing on the website if you want to see what you'd be in for. Sorry that it's in Geocities, but as soon as I have somewhere better to house it, you can be sure I'll be giving Geocities the boot!

17. USSAmazon

USSAmazon Ensign Newbie

18. USSAmazon

USSAmazon Ensign Newbie

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

20. Captain_Stone

Captain_Stone Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone! For about four years, I ran the USS Salvation until my computer died. Now, I aim to revive this game with the help of old and new players.

The crew of the USS Salvation are the crew that Starfleet doesn't know what to do with. They are the members of Starfleet that are the outcasts, the hot heads, the members that Starfleet can't get rid of but have t hide to save face. They are the members that have shady backgrounds or the members that Starfleet doesn't believe they can trust to keep around. The USS Salvation is an experiment to hide Starfleet's dirty laundry so that they cannot embarrass starfleet.

The Years is 2382

See more at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/USS_Salvation/

If you're interested in joining our crew, please email storm counselor @ yahoo . ca (no space)

Thanks and happy gaming!
    Captain Jeyakala Stone-Roshan