Yoda was right. There is Another. (Greys Anatomy Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, May 16, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They killed Lexie Grey because I loved her.

I could deal with that.

I only loved her a little, it's not lile she was Chole Sullivan.

Don't be fricking ridiculous.

Although it's been three years, and it still smarts.

But moving towards the finale episode this season (earlier today), it seemed like Meredith Grey and Sandra Oh were moving on (Sandra quit. No idea why. Don't care.). Like the show was in danger of cancellation, or the actresses were asking for double what they got last year and the producers needed clear exit strategies in place before things got critical... Maybe Shonda should be put in charge of Iraq?

So, a couple weeks back I'm thinking about if the female leads are both leaving, isn't it a pity that they killed off poor Lexie? She's got the "name" (Grey) and could have carried the show if Ellen Pompo wants to bugger off... That would have been cewl.

Dead and buried.

So back to reality (after a fashion), the new black lady Doctor that showed up last week, is looking sad, sitting on a park bench near the hospital's main entrance, and Webber, the old black Doctor that used to screw Meredith's Mom, Ellen Grey, in the 80s, sits down beside new black lady Doctor and says something thoughtful and uplifting, that makes new black lady doctor feel safe, so she opens up to old black Doctor...

"I'm adopted and my mom used to work here. Ellen Grey. Did you know her?"

([real life]Fireworks and fudge! I thought I had a stroke![/real life])

End credits. End season. Come back in 6 months.

Fuck.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

They still make this show? I remember it being popular about ten (???) years ago or so.

3. Guy Gardener

Started in 2005. Season 10 just finished. 220 episodes. And it's been renewed for 2015.

Aren't you sick of every TV show you love being cancelled?

If you can train yourself to love this, it will never be cancelled.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Did the hospital get nuked in the finale or anything? Because that's about the only thing that hasn't happened there yet. I always loved how Grey's and ER had a series of escalating disasters occur at the hospitals or to the characters that would make no one ever want to work there. Dr. Ramano on ER had helicopters carrying a grudge against him like something out of Jaws IV.

5. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ellis Grey. Just sayin'. ;)

I bet there's another surprise coming from this new character. Like where her dad is.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Grey's is a high production value soap, plain and simple but i still love it.

For some reason the finales sucked for a few years now but on the other hand during the season they do get good stories out of them and the characters are still engaging.

They even make second tier characters interesting by giving them enough screen time besides the principal characters which i can't say for every show.

At this point most of the initial cast is gone, this show has nearly replaced any actor that ever was on the show (either killed or written out) but the new ones fit in very well and are unique enough on their own.

With this method i can see this show going on for another 10 years, they really have found a good rhythm and are chugging along (obviously not at prime levels during seasons 1-4 where they were must see TV but still).

7. Guy Gardener

The only surprise would be if it's not Webber.

And Webber is going to be insistent that his mistress was only cheating on him with her husband until the DNA comes back proving otherwise.

Ellis?

Well, that is less confusing.

They had Sarah Paulson playing young Ellis in a flashback episode set almost entirely in the 80s previously.

If TPTB want to be making some explanations of this child's conception and abandonment, then they might be drawing Sarah back for a week or two inbetween episodes of American Horror.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are you kidding? The way this show just keeps getting dragged out for one more year, she may already be in charge of Iraq, Afghanistan and Gitmo

9. urbandefault

I lost track of this thread for a bit.

Yes, Webber is definitely her dad--unless Ellis had another black lover about the same time. Doubtful, but possible.

It will be interesting to see how Meredith deals with having another as yet unknown adult doctor sister in the same hospital. If, that is, she doesn't change her mind again and leaves with Derek. But she won't. I think.

Cristina will be back. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. And for the rest of her life. No one on this show leaves Seattle forever, unless their characters are killed off--or they get their own series and it runs for five seasons--or they spout off hateful slurs at another cast member. Or just don't show up for work at the start of the season. And still, they might come back.

Anyway.

As the show goes on, there will be a battle for Cristina's board seat between Bailey and Karev. I think Karev will win, and Bailey will end up leaving for a new job in a new city where her husband gets a great job in a new hospital.

That will leave us with Kepner and Avery, Karev and what's-her-name, Torres and Robbins, Webber, Owen, and Meredith.

Did I miss anybody?

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This was one of my favorite things about ER simply because it was so ridiculous.

Ramano never should have stepped foot on the roof.

11. urbandefault

Romano was a butthead. Karma hates buttheads. Ask Earl Hickey. :lol:

12. Guy Gardener

There's a line Bailey made (words to this effect) "Stupid white skinny princess bitches always getting into trouble when they should be doing their damn job." (I think I'm conflating what Bailey said with something Shirley from Community said when Britta and Annie were having a competition to see who was the most hard done by and oppressed in the group.)

Methinks that Shonda considers that dramaless Bailey is the real lead of the show.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  13. urbandefault

Uh ... I think I may have said something to that effect, at some as yet unspecified point in my lifetime. But I'm not visibly of a "race" that can say such things without consequence.

Do I need to call a press conference and make a formal apology? :lol:

14. Guy Gardener

I am sure that Han Solo was calling the princess "Princess" derogatorily.

But it's difficult for women to understand that there is difference between what they are and how they act, even if exactly the same word is used to describe both.

15. urbandefault

So you think it would be ok if I told some random woman that was pissing me off to get her "white princess bitch-ass outa my face!"?

I was raised better than that, so it would never happen. But hey, just sayin'. ;)

16. Guy Gardener

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Basic physics.

But I notice you didn't say "skinny".

:)

I caught a couple random episodes of Everwood and thought that Kepner's nerd-chic was just plain adorable... So I found the DVDs and sat through 3 seasons of that drivel till she finally made an appearance.

Well worth the wait. (The rise of Chris Pratt wasn't that bad either.)

Hmmmm.

Can Drew carry the show if called upon?

(9th in line from the throne y'know?)

We have our new Grey, who I wonder is her McDreamy?

New guy or please no, not Owen.

He has to be too old for her?

(She's 32, he's 41, actors age does not reflect characters age, but anyone mentally competent over 30 should be allowed to date anyone else over 30 and mentally competent without generating shocked sneers and gossip about cradle robbing.)

I just had a conniption which shook something loose in my brain that is obvious to anyone with eyes and half a brain... Thatcher Grey in Greys is Sirus Beene in Scandal.

Seriously, it's like someone had never pointed out the colour blue to me.

OH MY GODS! BLUE IS EVERYWHERE!

Which is when I had a stroke on top of my conniption as I accounted for all the time Thatcher and Ellis spent/spend on Scandal trying to destroy each other!

(Oh, the humanity.)

As an afterthought, my brain burped to level off the churning sediment.

If Jeff Perry married Kate Burton in real life, her name would be Katie Perry.

Last edited: May 25, 2014