Life 2x01 - "Find Your Happy Place" - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Sakrysta, Sep 22, 2008.

?

Rate the episode

1. Excellent

30.8%
  2. Above Average

69.2%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

It's up on Hulu, so I've watched it. :D The mystery reminded me of DS9's "Vulcan sniper who hates happy people" episode, but was MUCH better. ;)

As far as the new season, Charlie & Dani are still great, but I HATE the new police chief guy. UGH!!! What happened to the female chief? She was awesome.

Anyway, don't mean to step on toes if someone else regularly posts the Life threads. I was just excited to see the season opener and enjoyed it.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is the Lieutenant just completely off the show without another word? Because she was on the conspiracy wall.

3. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Up on Hulu, huh?

Wow. I don't think it even broadcasts until next Monday, is that right?

4. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I think it airs this friday.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Good to know it hasn't aired. I thought I had missed it. I caught Knight Rider already at NBC.com and it doesn't air until this Wednesday. These advance 'net showings are an attempt to build enthusiasm due to the writes strike prompting a longer hiatus on shows.

6. Aragorn

The season premiere of Chuck is also on Hulu.

7. Aragorn

Well, the Lt. is out of the main cast and Brooke Langton has also been removed from the main credits.

8. Captain Craig

I wonder if the actresses themselves had become unavailable or if they were written out? At any rate the babe quotient of the show has dropped by two. I especially liked the Lt. and her characterization with Crews.

9. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they're posting quite a few season openers on Hulu a week early. And I just watched Chuck as well. :D :techman:

I don't know about the Lieutenant. I confess I watched while doing other things. The new guy did briefly mention her departure. At 11:20, he's moving FURNITURE into her office and says she was demoted.

I REALLY hope it's temporary. He's disgusting.

I won't miss Constance. Her prissy baby lisp REALLY got on my nerves. Robin Weigert however, was completely plausible as Crews & Reese's superior officer. I bought her. The new guy is a slimy caricature.

10. Aragorn

^ Well, he's been given the "with" credit in the opening cast, so he's here to stay.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The first episode airs September 29th, the second October 3rd, the third October 6th, the fourth October 10. It then remains in that Friday timeslot.

I'm waiting for the September 29th showing to watch this, rather than streaming it through Hulu. I don't want to take any chances on compromised music selections.

12. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Caught the season opener last night. Excellent show, I'd really missed it after the strike. I hope the ratings are good enough that it sticks around, but as I recall, they were pretty low last year. And I'm sure putting the premier up against CSI Miami won't help matters any either. (Who comes up with these brilliant ideas anyway?)

As for the new Lt, it seems his main purposes is to drool over Reese (Reece?). Not that I blame him.

13. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

EDIT: Never mind.

14. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

The new Lt is disgusting. All that drooling over Dani was supposed to be funny, but it was actual an annoyance. He's a sexual harassment suit waiting to happen. I liked the mystery, though I'd figured already figured out the killer. His reasoning was disturbing. Very disturbing.

I hope they don't drop the conspiracy wall. Putting the pieces of the conspiracy together was one of the best parts about S1 Life.

15. Captain Craig

EXCELLENT

My only caveat is Lt.Tidwell(Donal Logue). As an actor he has never impressed me. For those that might not instantly place him he was the father on Grounded For Life. A WB show I think. I really miss our prior Lt. and her hotness.

I to hope we get back to the conspiracy of who framed him. I think tonights show was a "reestablishing" show and that next episode(this Friday) we may see the wall return.

I found this to be much better than the show I watched before it. I'm talking about HEROES sadly.

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

It was great to have Life back! I fucking love this show! :D

Interesting mystery if ultimately fairly simply in process. It's always good to see Noel Fisher (The Riches) popping up in a guest appearance (he also showed up in Law & Order: Criminal Intent this past season). He does creepy very well.

My god, I love Sarah Shahi. Can she get any hotter? :drool: Oh, and yes, she's a great actress.

I was surprised that Charlie and Ted found Rachel so quickly. I figured that was going to be the big arc for the season (or at least for the first half anyways). I'm intrigued to see where they're going to go now.

Lastly, I don't like the new captain. He's slimy and creepy and I know Dani wants to punch. I was just beginning to like Karen Davis at the end of the last season, so I'm disappointed that Robin Weigert left. I remember hearing about her departure over the summer, but did we ever find why she left?

17. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's on after Heroes here, so I watched it for kicks. I like it and I'll definitely watch the rest of the series...

Anyway, it makes up for me not watching House. One British guy playing an eccentric character is the same as another, right? ;)

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The wait was annoying, but Life is finally back and it's as great as ever. Liked some of the different camera angles and transitions used in this episode.

A few scattered guesses on the future:

• Davis was demoted because she couldn't keep a leash on Crews, leading him to be able to find Kyle Hollis. She'll return for a guest spot at some point to deliver important information to Crews.
    • Tidwell was brought back from NYC specifically to do what Davis couldn't: keep Crews under control. I expect we'll find out that he's another old friend of Jack Reese, possibly even was in SWAT with him back in the day. He screams "slime" too much, even when not leering over Dani, to not be involved in the conspiracy somehow.
    • Ted will become one of Jack Reese's targets as Crews narrows in on what he needs to nail Reese.
    • Stark will take a bullet for Crews by the end of the season.

19. Dude

Dude Vice Admiral Premium Member

Good episode, but not their best work. Maybe just the long layoff? I hope it picks up some.