DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still regret we'll never get to see Adam Hughes' ALL-STAR WONDER WOMAN.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yeah.

I do have to say, the new Wonder Woman series has renewed my interest in the character, that and remembering Morrison's use of her in JL.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Good lord. Not that I really had much respect for Leifeld to begin with, but his twitter feud with Snyder is painting himself as petulant child. :rolleyes:

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I can't even image what benefit Liefield thought that he would get by posting the private conversation. Not only is that a dick move all by itself, the content of the private messages clearly paint Snyder as the reasonable one, or "the adult".

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Well Snyder's day job is working with adult-age children. So the man has plenty of experience dealing with the Liefelds of the world.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Yeah, Detective and Dark Knight didn't last a month on my pull list.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

They're coming off my list once the current arcs are over no matter what.

"Batman" has remained pretty good, though I was losing interest in it during part of the "Court of the Owls" arc, particularly the several issues focusing on Batman trapped in their maze/den/whatever. But, overall, it's the best of the Bat-Books.

9. OdoWanKenobi

Batman is the only one that's been great. Batman and Robin had a pretty good opening arc, but a lousy second arc (Robins moments aside.) TDK and Detective Comics have been pretty bad.

10. Mike Farley

That's what happens when you let artists write not because they are amazing storytellers, but because you want to keep them working at the company.

11. Admiral_Young

I've not been reading it but "The Flash" would be one of the success stories of an artist making the transition to writing wouldn't it?

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It's well written. Better than some by guys who are just writers.

13. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, I've been really enjoying The Flash. I'm still not convinced that it was necessary to make the Rogues into meta-humans, but the book has still been fairly strong.

14. Mike Farley

Oh, there are lots of success stories, people like John Byrne, Walt Simonson, Frank Miller, Brian Bendis, Matt Fraction... but not everyone has the skills.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I love Batman and Batman & Robin (well that second arc was a little weak). Detective is completely uninteresting and I don't even like the art. I'm getting Dark Knight purely for the art, the story is crap.

I haven't read much of The Flash, but I really don't care about this new book. Again, I'm pretty much getting it for the art. I did enjoy Flash Rebirth and the 12 issue series after that.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The art in "Flash" is really fantastic. The story is "meh" so far. I'm not even sure I've a good "grasp" on what the story is (and aren't there still people stuck in the "Speed Force Zone or Whatever) and I don't even think we've seen that much of The Flash in his civilian identity either.

17. Admiral_Young

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

19. Admiral_Young

As much as I'm intrigued about Diana and Clark and the ramifications of their relationship will have upon the entire 52'Verse, I can't help but think that one of the reasons why Lois and Clark was dissolved so that this would happen. Remember in the news thread we had it was pretty heavily discussed as probably the biggest rumour at the time. Now they're doing it...it's going to be interesting. I don't like how they've treated Lois and Clark though. Kind of reminds me of how Marvel treated MJ and Peter.

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral