Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Adios Moira. :( Fantastic character, and that car crash was one of the most startling TV moments I can remember. I agree Ollie has to let Thea in now; no question. She could totally use a big sister surrogate in Felicity.

I thought Diggle was going to lose all his teeth, the way he got smacked in the face with that stanchion. Apparently not, eh. :p

Definitely did not see the twist of Sara leaving coming. As Marty would say, that was heavy.

Anyone else think Ollie may have to take a moderate dose of Mirakuru to heal his leg and defeat Slade? And then he could spend the whole off-season break sweating it out of his system...

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think there's such a thing as a "moderate dose" of Mirakuru. ;)

That's like saying someone is a "little bit pregnant".

I did wonder briefly, then thanked TPTB for not letting Ollie try the Mirakuru on his mom. :vulcan:

Imagine a superpowere Moira.

"The Horror"! :eek:

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Well, "a little big pregnant" is possible, from a certain point of view... and maybe by mixing some Mirakuru with the cure, they might be able to create a "moderate Mirakuru" cocktail.

Of course, in the comics DCU, this'd be the part where Ollie texts Superman, who swoops in and kicks Slade's butt. Long past that part, actually. :p

I enjoyed the "he's strong... like comic book strong" line.

4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Sometimes that "phone a friend" option makes things too easy.

Of course, next season when Barry comes out of his coma, he'll have some super hero backup on speed dial.

;)

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

While I'm sure they'll figure out a way to prevent a cure for death (probably destroying the last of the Mirakuru), I will say that I don't think it literally cures dead people, only dying people. Once you bleed out, I think that's it.

6. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^^If Malcolm Merlyn ever really cared for Moira -- or still had a use for her, more likely -- he could whisk her away to Nanda Parbat, unbeknownst to Ollie or Thea...especially since they don't even know he's alive...

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately I've seen that so many times since the 4th season finale of Alias that it's all ho hum for me now.

8. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

My cable funked out a bit at the end. I saw that Arrow was fighting the dude in the mask who then was set to strangle him in the mask. Next thing he's running down the hall with Laurel. What happened? I assume she shows up and rescues him? And why didn't they blow the building?

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, she hit Slade with a pipe, then they ran. I'm assuming it became too late to blow the building by that point.

10. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

That wasn't Slade. That was one of Blood's army.
    Isabel took out Diggle before he could detonate the charges.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  11. sojourner

Eh, they all look the same with the mask.

12. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Will the real Slade Wilson stand up?

More big revelations were made tonight. Now Laurel confirmed what Slade had told her about Oliver. She also found solid evidence of Blood's involvement in Moira's death. Ollie also revealed to Blood he was the Arrow. The last 5 minutes were very climactic and reminiscent of Bane taking over Gotham City in The Dark Knight Rises. The episode almost had a season finale feel to it.

13. sojourner

The "bug" Laurel planted was painfully obvious. In real life a big flashing light like that on someone's desk is going to be called out by the first person entering the room.

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Again, this is the DC universe where world-renowned investigators are so oblivious that they and other people who are intimately familiar with you in both your mild-mannered and superhero personas are fooled by a pair of glasses.

A flashing red light hidden under a desk is infinitely more disguised than that.

15. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Thanks, I caught everything but these two scenes. Since Oliver told Felicity to have Diggle blow it as soon as he was ready, I knew there must have been some kind of scene showing why it didn't happen.

Great second to last episode of the season. Should be pretty much straight up action for the last two right? Any way that Slade can be cured/redeemed or does he have to go? I'm also curious, the whole introduction of ARGUS and the suicide squad, is that leading somewhere in connection with the bigger plot of the show, or did they just want to introduce a new element that they can go back to now and then when the story calls for it?

16. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Really tense towards the end there, although that Summer Glau looks really goofy in that outfit.

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Agreed they seemed to have made it too big for her :confused: for no good reason.

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

The helmet makes it looks like she has a ginormous head.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I don't know...Ravager without the white hair just doesn't look right to me. I suppose they thought people would be confused since they introduced that white haired Yakuza woman last season. But still...

Not much they can do about the size of the helmet though. Presumably it was taken from a head cast and that's as small as they can make it for the kind of design they're going with. It might have looked more in-line with the comics if they went with something much more form fitting, but I get that they're trying to make it look like the armour actually has a practical function and not just for decoration.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe it's because they made that suit for a regular sized woman?

Nothing wrong or unhealthy, she's just a tiny, tiny, tiny Ballerina.

Think about it.

30 x the strength of a woman is impressive.

30 x the strength of a supermodel would still have considerable trouble picking up a pony and holding it above her striking head for a minute and half.