How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The good thing is that, as it turns out, it makes absolute sense to begin the story with how he met Aunt Robin (and his on and off crush on her), because it's the wedding of Aunt Robin where he finally meets the mother.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Gee, it's almost like I just said that. ;)

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And several other people, and the narrator himself, so not like you discovered cold fusion there ;)

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That was an oddly serious episode last night with very few jokes. But I'm very relieved to see the Marshall/Lilly fight ended so quickly. I was really afraid they were going to draw that out for the whole season. Also great to see Stella and Victoria and crazy girl again.

Nit pick: this season is taking place in real time. How the hell did Drunk Barney and his two new bros get all the way back to Manhattan to meet with Tim Gunn and get all the way back to Farhampton in the space of this single episode?????

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Helicopter.

No Lily 2006, Marshall, Lily 2013 threesome?

Bastardo!

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That episode reminded me of Harold & Kumar.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Little heavy on emotion vice laughs, but thought this was a really strong episode, liked it.

8. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

They're not exactly real time, this one appears to last from midnight-ish (whenever Barney leaves the hotel room) until sunrise, so about 4-6 hours.

Also, I think the implication is that Barney's tailor is always available nearby, much like Ranjit. Also, future Ted is an unreliable narrator.

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

They are playing around with the timeline a bit. For all we know Barney left his hotel room the exact same time that Lily stormed off and Ted was out on the balcony listening to The Mother play her song.

Arrested Development Season 4 played around with time in a similar (albeit more elaborate) way by having all of it's episodes more or less take place around the same time.

10. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was that party really in Manhattan? Tim Gunn was at the poker game, so maybe he was still there and had a shop nearby.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or it's possible that Barney had had prophets spread out across the area to increase his legend?

Remember, it may have looked like Barney, but we went though an entire episode once where Barney looked like Ted, so that could have been any one who had a script to make sure there's an urban legend permeating about this wedding for generations to come.

So?

Those two kids?

Are they part of the new group from the proposed spinoff?

12. Darth Duck

Darth Duck Commodore Commodore

They didn't leave Farhampton Tim Gunn has a TARDIS like device and always has a shop with him.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ooooooo, excellent point! I'd forgotten he was already in Farhampton!

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

So I'm not the only one here that knows those two guys as the Online sketch commedy troupe Britanick am I?

15. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another amazing episode. There are no more mysteries to be revealed now except the Mother's name and the events of the next six Mondays.

16. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Ted's speech in the scene with Jeanette was heartfelt.

17. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

You're right. Remember that in "How Your Mother Met Me", Ted came back into the room to discover the missing Barney right after he heard The Mother sing. They had that montage of all the characters that night as she sang. So presumably it all took place at the same time.

I can't remember, but did Tim Gunn say he was going back to NYC while at the poker game? I just assumed he was sticking around for the wedding.

18. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Or maybe you're all overthinking it.. the show is not that deep or meticulous.

If a joke flies in the face of continuity but still works who cares?

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They're usually very tight with their continuity and that's why I love the show. It's actually heavily serialized. That said, the entire series is Future Ted telling a story to his kids so everything can be taken with a grain of salt.

20. Darth Duck

Darth Duck Commodore Commodore

Oh! That's why they looked familiar.