Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Emma wasn't letting anyone be a guardian, Henry was legally adopted and she had no legal rights and she knew it. Nor did she want to take Henry at first. The scene showed Emma changing her mind about staying in Storybrook. Being an evil bitch means nothing about being a mother.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I didn't say anything about "legal guardian." You're also twisting the timeline a bit in your response. If we go by your timeline, there was no point in her even bothering to ask Regina the question since she didn't give a whit's end at the time.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

And you were quite right, he did. Pretty cool. :mallory:

4. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Could be he did use The Force choke.:lol:

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Am I a bad man for peeking down Snow White's blouse?

6. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I'm not too sure if that has an answer, Mr. Adventure.

- It was a so-so episode. I did notice that Portland, Oregon looked awfully similiar to Vancouver, BC. In fact the whole Vancouver, BC scene looked... exactly like Vancouver, BC.

- The whole thing about Mulan and Princess Aurora seems... a bit not well developed. I would like more stuff about Mr. Gold and maybe Prince Charming as Acting Sheriff. Somehow Snow White doesn't seem that of a strong character in the whole "let's get back to Storybrooke" quest.

7. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

So, will Henry's father now make for Storybrooke?

What in the world could have August have had in that box?

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Mark Walhberg was awesome.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Gotta hand it to Emma. By my reckoning, it's only been a day or two since she found out that all this magic/fairy-tale stuff is real and now she's climbing beanstalks and fighting giants alongside Captain Hook.

Not sure I could adjust that quickly! :)

I was also amused by Snow and Aurora bonding over their past afflictions. Maybe they can form a Sleeping Curse Survivors support group?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Gwynnith Paltrow's head.

11. Kosh Naranek

August is officially terrible at the whole watching over Emma business. He got the gal sent to jail.

I for one cannot wait for that convo. "I was doing it for your own good..." Bam! Emma whips out the gun and shoots him.

12. Mister Fandango

I'm pretty convinced that he's Bael (the similar mops of hair cinched it), and what was in the box was some proof that August knew, too. The evidence was less about convincing him that magic was real and more about revealing that they're both from the same world.

As for him meeting Emma so randomly; fairy tales are all about coincidence.

13. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yea ever since it was shown Bael was sent to this world I figured that's how it would turn out because they you have Regina, Charming, Snow, and Rumple all linked together by family.

Charming & Snow are Emma's parents and Henry's grandparents, Regina is Henry's adoptive Mother and raised him in Storybrooke, and Rumple would be Henry's Grandfather.

The bigger question is if he is Bael does August know who he is? I would think he had to have some idea he was from fairytale world in order to 'see' magic. He also did not seem confused/freaked out/surprised at all by magic either so perhaps he has all his memories and was just dumped into this world by the portal with them.

14. sojourner

OK, my memory stinks, so help me out. Last season August called someone outside Storybrooke. Was it the same actor that played Emma's Ex from this past episode?

ETA: some googling says no, but he was the same man from the opening scene in the episode "Broken".

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Don't forget that Regina is technically also Henry's step-great-grandmother. ;)

16. Kosh Naranek

Where the heck is August now? Did he just pop a postcard into the mailbox for Neal on his way out of town?

Why would he book it now that Gepetto knows who he is? Is he that ashamed that he botched the baby Emma watching?

17. sojourner

LOL, that would be awesome to see the look on her face if he called her "Grandma"!

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with it being Bael... and I suspect that what was in the box was the name Rumplestiltskin.

I think August was right to send Emma to jail for 11 months. It got her out of the cycle of crime/self that she was in, and set her on the road to redemption/Storybrook.

19. Mister Fandango

They clearly showed him still laying in bed, completely petrified now that he's returned to wood. He likely mailed the postcard while he was still able to move, or asked someone else to do so.

20. Kosh Naranek

He sent the postcard to Neal post curse.

Also, didn't Gepetto head to August's room at Granny's only to find him gone? Gepetto found P's little hat.