City of Ember - Jeanne Duprau

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by rramarr, Apr 6, 2009.

1. rramarr

rramarr Commander Red Shirt

Did anyone get a chance to check out City of Ember the movie from the novel written by Jeanne Duprau? Sometimes its refreshing to watch kids being adventurous. Bill Murray was also in the movie and it was produced in part by Tom Hanks. I think its a true Scifi and Fantasy gem that went by rather unnoticed or at least it skipped by me. If you like those hidden city, technologically unadvanced, small village civilization themes this one is worth checking out.:techman:

2. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I enjoyed "City of Ember" a lot. It was a fun movie that took a rather scary scenario and worked it into a story that worked on a few levels. The set design was great. Knowing they were on a functional set was very cool. I read about the sequel books and may actually read through them all at some point.

3. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My family and I recently saw this and we all quite enjoyed it. It was well acted, well-paced little gem of a movie. As somebody interested in sociology, it was fascinating observing a society that has literally grown up knowing NOTHING about the outside world, their origins, or that they were actually shut in underground for two centuries and the customs and mythology they created to sustain themselves and their society. I may have to read the original book and the sequels.

4. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I quite enjoyed City of Ember. I scored it 8 out of 10. I have never read the novel.

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I enjoyed the movie too.