Lost Fifth Season Finale: "The Incident"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, May 13, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

14.6%
  3. Average

2.9%
  4. Below Average

1.9%
  5. Poor

1.0%
  1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome. I had a small heart attack.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'd say "what lies in the shadow of the Statue" is clearly Jacob since he lives in the rooms between the toes or the legs or what have you. And they serve Jacob.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh I just remembered about Rose and Bernard. Interesting coincidence that Bernard built a rustic cabin in the middle of nowhere just like Horace did for Jacob's Cabin but they definitely looked different. I think this scene made it much more likely that they are Adam and Eve, living out in the jungle by themselves for three years. Not mention the Dog of Doom is with them, signaling their immanent deaths. The only question is where do they get the black and white stones?

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

black and white stones, Jacob and his Friend? good and evil?

I noticed how "good" Jacob seemed to be, and how "evil" his friend was

5. label

label Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. What an episode.

Definitely the best one in several seasons.

- Juliet better not be dead.
    - Desmond, Penny, Jin and Sun need to serve a point next season
    - Locke is really dead.....at least it sure appears that way
    - My guess is Sayid is really dying/dead as well.
    - Ben is THAT gullibile.....really?

Wow............what a great episode.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

He wasn't all good. He distracted Sayid long enough for Nadia to get made into street pizza!

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah at first I was surprised Ben was falling for it, but everything the Adversary said did make sense to him. This guy has been lurking in the shadows for decades ordering Ben around without ever making contact with him. Actually I was fascinated to learn that Ben's contact with him is through Richard who hands him little scrips of paper with instructions and lists of names. Makes you wonder how altruistic Richard is here. Could it be Richard is the one taking actions in Jacob's name?

8. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering if Sayid would've been street pizza too without his intervention?

Anyhow, I'm not sure I can give this one an "excellent" despite the phenomenal last act. There were parts that dragged a bit and a whole bunch of "Jack and Kate are going to make me throw things at the TV" (and not in a good way) character idiocy moments. I think I need to rewatch before I can submit my grade.

9. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent! My god jim, that was a helluva ride!

"We need to watch that again."

Between this and getting a certain phone call I thought I was gonna have a stroke. :lol:

Nadia getting hit by the car was frighteningly realistic for tv.

Loved the little nods to Charlie and Claire. Where the hell is Claire anyways?

Must relax.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Speaking of which is there ever a single instance in movies or TV where a character walks out into the street, pauses and looks back, and DOESN'T get hit by a speeding vehicle? ... Another interesting question: how does Jacob travel off-Island freely? Can he just teleport at will?

11. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that was fucking Excellent. What else could I expect from a Lost finale? It was also the only Lost finale since Season 2 that I didn't spoil myself on. And I loved it.

What's Jacob's deal? Can you even kill Jacob? What is "Locke"? Is he literally the island's will? One might think so in the wake of this.

More importantly, I'm going to take a hit out on Damon and Carlton if Juliet's dead. She's my favourite character and I was in tears when she was dangling by Sawyer's arm. What were the consequences of her smoking that nuclear device with a rock?

There better be no consequences (as far as Juliet's concerned) or I will flip my wig.

12. Capn Flukie

^ I'll have to ask Michael and Sam Tyler. :)

13. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I figured the Adversary was no good until Jacob gave Ben the foul look and nasty reponse.

14. Capn Flukie

Ben: What about meeeee???!!!

Jacob: What about you. :vulcan:

15. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

That was my interpretation as well... that Jacob saved Sayid's life but couldn't save them both (for some reason?)

I agree.

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent finale. :techman:

17. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think Jacob wanted to save them both. Jacob clearly had designs on Sayid. Just like he had designs on everyone. Jacob, above all else, wants to serve the island. So if Nadia has to die, who gives a fuck?

By the same token, Kate's airplane toting buddy Tom needs to die too because he needs to meet a tragic end to get Kate where she's going.

I think it's inaccurate to assign benevolence or malevolence to Jacob because he's probably just a force of nature.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Excellent!

I actually teared up when Juliet was getting dragged into the pit. *sniff*
    Sayid better not die; that will severely piss me off.

SO....is the other guy (I always think of him from "Deadwood") Cerebus/Smokey/the resurrected Dead People?

God Damn it! If they just hit the reset button and make the whole show into an endless time-loop, I think my f**king head will explode. :vulcan:

19. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought the same thing. I usually get a few spoilers so that I can set up these threads and what I did get made no sense.

Then as I watched, I found that nothing made sense.

Now I'm done watching and nothing makes sense. :lol:

Gertch was right! They did pull a Starbuck with Locke! :eek: Does this mean he's really dead and that this guy who looks like Locke is an imposter? Looks like he's that other guy we saw with Jacob at the beginning. And who's this Jacob fella anyway?

Also, I think we can guess that our gang in 1977 will be brought back to the present at the beginning of next season.

I thought we were supposed to get a major death. It looked like it would be Juliet, but that didn't happen.

Now I have to read all your comments.

20. Capn Flukie

So is everything up until now Lost Prime?