Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by 137th Gebirg, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

^ "Pivotal Shit" is an understatement in my opinion. I watched the episode and the pivital moment had me completely :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: "Did they just do that!?!" I'll chime in more once a few days have passed and more folks have a chance to view this episode.

Can't throw spoilers out there on this one....

Q2

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

I really felt like series 5 was spinning the wheels but this series has completely made up for it. there has been more story crammed into this season than ever before. and the last episode.... wow, all i will say is....... fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! :eek::lol:

3. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ohhhh Sutter is a crafty bastard that's for sure - I mean... these past few you KNEW something BIG was going down but now.... yiiiikes.

Although without spoiling things - I really really think Tara is a dead woman OR OR... she's going to surprise us all and pull a 180 and support Jax and the club after something happens and leave Hood-sister DA spinning her wheels.

Or the black lady gonna die.

No one is safe. BUT I do like where things with Nero and Gemma are going and that triangle with Unser. Honestly I'm shipping the hell out of Nero/Gemma - but Unser's always been there for her. But I think she sees him as like the big brother not the lover. Nero is far more lover than brother.

Plus hey... it's kinda nice to see a Latino put in a decent light on this series for once, usually the Mexicans are the 'bad guys', especially earlier on - with the whole Mayans and Cartel stuff. Nice to see Nero kinda show 'yeah we're bad, but we ain't all bad Ese."

4. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I hope enough time has passed, since I don't want to spoil anyone...so...I knew it had to happen, but I am really going to miss watching that actor work!

I want Jax and Gemma to die slow, painful deaths. I want Tara to go to jail. I want Wendy to recover and survive. I want Nero to run far and run fast, but it is far to late for that.

How messed up is a show that has me feeling that the only decent character left is a pimp??

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've never seen a thread avoid spoilers so well.
    My money's on Tara to go next... although Sutter will likely pull a fast one and kill off someone else entirely.

Is anyone aware of the trope/drinking game for this series regarding the quotation, "are you okay?" Watch for it. In most episodes, you can hear this statement several times by nearly every character to every single other character. Everyone is always checking if other people are okay. There is an excellent and hilarious YouTube video that compiles them all but I couldn't find the link to share it here... anyway, watch for it.

6. 3chordboy

ha, yes "are you okay?" and "brother" related drinking games would have you laying on the floor in a puddle of your own vomit before the opening credits for most episodes :D

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I suspect there are similar ones every time someone exclaims "shit" or "Jesus Christ" in response to a revelation of some new messed up situation.

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That was quite a season finale. All I can muster up at the moment is HOLY SHIT.

I hate that we'll likely have to wait till September for season seven, but goddamn that was epic!

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The show has been spinning it's heals for a while, but ever since Filthy Phil was killed they have found their bearings. That was a hell of a ride. I guess Jax will be back to kill everyone next season.

10. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

This!

And I'm afraid for Juice, one of the few truly likeable characters left.

11. 137th Gebirg

I would like to add my voice to the HOLY SHIT chorus. The first half of the episode was really kind of unremarkable. Clearly a bunch of set up for next season.

Jax squashing the white dove in the road with his bike felt somewhat heavy-handed on the symbolism. Clearly a white/black vs. yellow/brown war is coming. And I was genuinely surprised to see Lin walking around with a cast on. I could have sworn he was killed by the Irish along with the rest of the Triads that showed up at that one meeting. And then >poof< - there his is at a sit-down with the Myans and "King Nero" :lol:. That one was kind of surprising to me.

And Tara...poor Tara...I don't know if anyone caught the live interview with Sutter, Sagal and Sciff at the end - they all said Gemma's actions "weren't pre-meditated". I kind-of call bullshit on this one. Yes, clearly she was out of her mind and delusional, but she kept repeating that phrase "I have work to do", as soon as dipshit Unser gave her incomplete information that set those wheels in motion. And BTW, I used to really like Unser until this season - he's really got all this unrequited infatuation with Gemma that has really screwed up his decision-making process. He's acting like a bloody teenager with his first crush and he's like a 70-year-old man for phucksake! Anyways, she kept saying that "work to do", before and after the...ahem...attack. She knew where she was going, what she was doing and who she was doing it to. I don't believe the whole non-pre-meditation thing at all.

And Juice. Did he think his actions at the end were going to save him in the eyes of Jax and the club? I'm really not certain of his motivations any more as he, too, seems lost and confused.

And what of Miss D.A.? They made a point of her looking at Jax's pistol on the floor next to the Sheriff's left foot before looking at the bereft Jax. A simple, garden-variety ballistics test will show that the slugs and pistol will not match. What was the point of that scene? Does she actually plan to pin the double-homicide on Jax, when she knew he was going to make everything right?

Jax obviously won't be in jail for the next 7 to 25 years, so something will have to keep him out, and I don't see this becoming a courtroom drama in its final year. More like a final war between rival gangs, fallout from recent deaths, etc... Season 7 promises to be a hell of a ride.

12. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Entertainment Weekly interview with Rockmond Dunbar (Eli Roosevelt) here. The opening answer is great:

Entertainment Weekly interview with Theo Rossi (Juice).

Great interview with Kurt Sutter about the finale and next season.

EW interview with Jimmy Smits (Nero).

Hollywood Reporter recap.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  13. 137th Gebirg

^^^ That's awesome! :lol: Sad to see him go, though. He was actually starting to grow on me this season. :(

14. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Juice was going to take Gemma on the lam when he gave her his hand, that would seem like the only sensible thing to do.

Unless these guys are the worst cops in the universe, they are going to find an abundance of evidence that Gemma killed Tara, there must be blood soaked fingerprints all over the place, and Tara's blood must be all over the car that Gemma drove to Unser's. From what Jax saw when he walked in, it didn't look like Juice made any effort to clean the scene up besides swiping the murder weapon.

15. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Thought the same thing myself. When Juice was going through dumpsters in that last scene, I was halfway expecting to see him pushing someone's leg in under the lid. And then, Jax arrived at the house and to my surprise saw everything pretty much intact. Then when Jax started moving Tara around I cringed, not for the gore or solemnity of the scene, but because he was disturbing a massive crime scene, adding his DNA & prints into the mix in an environment that would have otherwise been devoid of the same. That's why I'm thinking Miss D.A. lady might try to pin this one on him, sloppily. But like we both said, ballistics and other forensic tests, while muddied now that Jax is in the mix, should still be able to exhonnerate him from the scene. That, plus, there were a number of witnesses that should place him at the candy store during the time of the murders. There is really no logical way any of this should be pinned on him.

16. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right yes, added to the fact that he's hardly going to dispose of the murder weapon while covered in all the blood from committing it, and then return to the scene to get caught. Or have time to dispose of the murder weapon for that matter. The cops blood was still spreading out from the body when the DA arrived, they did a close up on it seeping across the floor, no more than 2 feet out from him.

I think the DA's glance at the gun was just to seed that bit of doubt in our minds about who is going to get the blame.

17. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And... that's how Jax avoids 25 years in jail! This is his ticket out. I'm starting to wonder if the DA lady has any brains of any sort in her head. All her stupid schemes come to backfire. How many times did Tara back down and accept the cops' terms? Pretty much zero, something like that? They did everything on her terms.

Still, a pretty impressive finale/season overall. I'm guessing there's one left and that's it. How far could the story go from here? Half the original cast is dead!

18. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

The homeless lady (or whatever she was) is clearly going to find either the murder weapon or, more likely, the bloody iron. So Gemma's hardly in the clear.

Also, I'm beginning to think that Unser is going to be the Horatio of the story.

19. 3chordboy

I'd be surprised if many characters from the MC survive the final season... I'm expecting an ending a little bit like Millennium which saw Frank and his kid on the road, on the run. I can imagine Jax and the boys leaving charming and not looking back, if they survive.

Tara's death has got to be one of the most brutal of the main character deaths... even Clay's seemed quite tame in comparison.

20. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I agree. I think that Clay's murder a bit anticlimactic because they has been forecasting it for such a long time. They also didn't give the character of Clay a single interesting thing to do this season, so by the time he died it played out in a way that made the viewer say "finally" rather than "oh, shit".

Tara's murder was horrific in its brutality, but also not much of a surprise. I just hope that Gemma gets paid back in kind...but I have the horrible feeling that she may be the last one standing, and that we are supposed to believe that the loss of family, money, power, and the club are a fitting punishment.