Was Timeless the best Harry Kim episode better?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by The Overlord, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

what was the very first moment that harry got inbetween janeway and winning, or even getting home in the 19 episodes before Non Sequitor?

He made no impact.

The only Harry episode before non sequitor is Emanations which is about how he fell overboard and then shat on the Prime Directive on his was back to the ship, which is totally a zero sum game.

I don't think any one liked writing Harry stories or there would have been more Harry stories. Which is probably why they were going to kill him off.

2. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

I emjoyed timeless but why was harry the main character in this episode?.couldnt it been one of the other crewmembers?.

3. Guy Gardener

No. Because they were all already dead. ;)

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think the writers just weren't creative enough to write Kim episodes. Every other character had some sort of gimmick so they could write stories without having to be too creative.

That's why Kim mostly showed up in the episodes that could have equally been about any character in the crew, like Emanations and Killing Game.

5. Guy Gardener

That's not how it's done.

The producer plots the season, which character they want the focus of each story and maybe three lines as a general outlline idea seed, and then they make the writers room fight over who gets what.

The producer then says to the room "I need 3 Chakotay stories, one of them has to be about his family, the other two make him look like an sshole because Beltran has been pissing me off, 2 B'Elanna stories possibly involving tribbles, and a Harry story about anything, can I see a show of hands? Who wants what?"

For some reason I think Berman stopped accepting Spec Scripts at some point, but I can't back up that cruddy memory of something someone here said.

(The room was mostly virtual constructed with lots of expensive long distance phone calls.)

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The best Kim episode was "Deadlock", when he was killed in a hull breach. Unfortunately, he was replaced by his counterpart from an alternate universe.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Garret Wang has now cut his hair.

He has announced this on Facebook.

8. Melakon

That's understandable. Garret hasn't had a steady job for a long time, and on Voyager he got his hair cut for free. So getting a haircut is probably a big deal for him now.

9. teacake

Apparently his parents are VERY happy about it.

10. Guy Gardener

You ever notice how those pointy sideburns all the boys on Voyager had are not something you would see on a regular bloke in the 90s or ever?

It's not that the hair cuts on the set were free it's probably that they were contractually obligated to maintain 24th century fashions.

11. teacake

Kirk started it and who wouldn't want to emulate Kirk?

12. Guy Gardener

Season 3 Kirk?

Seriously though, I have no idea about how it went down, but do you really think that Avery walked up to Berman (Not Berman. Moore?) one day with hat in hand and said "Please sah, Pleaee Mistah Moore, would it be all right if you let me shave my head?"

The girls on Charmed used drive the make up department insane because they kept showing up every other week with new Tattoos that their Characters did not have, should not have and would not have.

It was arduous.

And those were the ones that behaved themselves.

13. teacake

Starbuck also had a not very BSG tattoo, a crucifix which they covered with a bandage and then eventually colored over with the ziggurat. Just think if she hadn't gotten that crucifix we never would have the wonder of Starbuck's ziggurat tatt.

Avery proved he wasn't a wannabe Picard for a whole season and after that they let him shave his head, which is he preferred it and how he still looks.

14. Guy Gardener

OH!

They forced him to sprout!?

That's fricking hilarious.

Wait?

You said he proved himself for a whole season.

But he started shaving in the 3rd season.

Was Sisko year one a putz?

15. teacake

Oh. Yes I got the years mixed up, it was the first two seasons he had his forced hair. I think they didn't want him to look like Picard and Avery made a big plea to shave it which eventually they gave in to.

16. Guy Gardener

I think Far Beyond the Stars would have been better if he had hair in the past.

Even a little wig.

17. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A wig?!

It's a faaaaaake!

18. Guy Gardener

Oh that would be awesome.

After a hard day of being oppressed by the Paugh wraiths Penny takes Ben's toupee off and says... "I don't know why you have to wear this ridiculous thing, you look perfectly fine without it."

"You wouldn't understand. Real men have... Our hair, it shows that... I don't want to be less than everyone else."

Seriously?

This was before disposable razors, I'm supposed to believe that in a nut house, that they let him shave his own head or someone does it for him? No shoe laces but a straight edge razor is fine? I saw something once where they had to tie their patients down, and I do mean so that they couldn't move their heads, before the barber would even think about taking a bit off the sides because between the ticks and child like behaviour, someone always inevitably lost an ear if they didn't.

19. Melakon

I think Buster Kincaid was more interesting than Harry.

20. teacake

China has alopecia!

Okay, but really, alopecia. Did anyone say anything to Sisko in season THREE when he showed up bald? Any.. "nice head Emissary!"?

I don't recall this ever happening. And it probably didn't happen because everyone knew that Sisko had developed Federation medicine resistant alopecia and no one wanted to make him feel bad. And Benny had alopecia too, of course.