House of Cards - Season 2 (Discussion & Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by doubleohfive, Feb 14, 2014.

1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I've just watched all of season 2 in under a week. Wow. My favorite moments were the 10 second breakdown of Frank in episode 9 and Claire in episode 13. It showed their deeply shoved down humanity.

I have to wonder what's next for season 3. It can't simply be the Underwoods losing their grip on the presidency. While it may be interesting to watch how the Underwoods defend their power, it may be too boring unless the Underwoods go over the top in their defense. My personal wish is to see Jacqueline Sharpe and Remy Danton as a couple take on Frank and Claire Underwood, they're the only ones who are as unscrupulous and smart as the Underwoods. Maybe the writers can take a page out of the current political situation in Thailand. Prime Ministers forced to resign, military coup d'etat, puppet prime ministers impeached, the nation split into two camps, parliament forced to disband, elections rigged, re-elections invalidated.. its a real life House of Cards.

2. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

I agree that this probably is the only way for series to end. Cant end with "and they lived happily ever after".

Or maybe it can.
    After assasination and funeral, next scene is of an southern mansion with an old man sitting on the porch, he lifts his head and looks up to the camera: You didn't really think I died? ;) - THE END -

Just finished watching second season last night. Great season, cant wait for the next one :)

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah you are all wrong, Frank becomes a lumberjack. ;)

My issue with the show is the creators don't seem to have a long term plan so I'm sure we will see his downfall which we really don't need to.

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

If that happens, I'm never watching TV ever again!

I'm still waiting for an apology from someone for that. I typically avoid spoilers, but I will go out of my way to save people from watching the last several seasons of Dexter by telling them how it ends, should they choose to start that show!