MLP:FiM S4E08 - "Rarity Takes Manehatten" - Grade & Discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Amaris, Jan 3, 2014.

?

Episode Grade

Poll closed Jan 10, 2014.
  1. A

71.4%
  2. B

28.6%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Episode Title: "Rarity Takes Manehatten"
    Air Date: Jan. 4th, 2014

Summary: "Rarity is thrilled to be heading to Manehattan for an important fashion show and brings all of her friends along for a high-class adventure in the city she loves. But when another designer ruins Rarity’s chances at winning the competition, she turns to the rest of the Mane Six for help, not realizing that her anger and ambition are damaging her friendships."

Live Streams:
    BronyState Theaters
    Brony Network
    Xyro HD Stream
    Worlds of Equestria

REMEMBER: DO NOT POST SPOILERS UNTIL AFTER 1:00 PM EST (6 PM UTC/GMT)

=-

I've been looking forward to this episode when I first heard about it weeks ago (yes, yes, I'm always behind). So I can't wait to see how it turns out.

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

3. Amaris

Yes, this. It's about time for another Rarity episode.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Song!, Rarity generally going seriously manic depressive and mood swinging faster than my ex.

But....

Derpy flies by in the Manehatten skyline.

Photo Finish, Sapphire Shores and Hoity Toity all sitting together in the audience.

And an angry middle aged mare worse than Harshwhinney, jeez, that stallion shortage is getting worse.

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Wow, really thought they were going to have her leave for a while, but I like the assisstant character, she's cute. At least Siri didn't win, very unlikeably character.

Hmm, 6 spools of thread that we've never seen before, representing the mane6, completed by a rare raindbow coloured one. Any relation to the keys?

7. Peach Wookiee

To your spoiler, Chem... I'm wondering the same thing.
    I'm beginning to wonder if the thread and other things highlighted at the end of the last few episodes will form the keys somehow. Fluttershy's new fangs might play into this.

8. Gepard

That last spool certainly:

[​IMG]

Hasbro/Hub just started pushing the latest toyline gimmick last week. I think we have a good idea where this is going.:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

According to said Facebook page, Rainbow Power is "coming to Equestria!" soon. Sigh.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  9. Amaris

Awesome, awesome episode! We get to see Manehatten in all its glory, and what a town she is! Also, Rainbow Dash likes musicals! The interaction between Rarity and the citizens of Manehatten was really cool, and I love that friendship and friendliness isn't automatic everywhere, that Ponyville may be more of an anomaly when it comes to that.

All in all, a terrific episode. It gets a very enthusiastic "A" from me.

10. Peach Wookiee

Gep, the Neon Ponies didn't become part of the storyline. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

11. Gepard

Neon Ponies didn't get a facebook post advertising their "coming to Equestria," either. ;) I'll bet you large amounts of money this does.

[​IMG]

Yeah. They're definitely doing something rainbow. Some kind of...power, you might say.

Cue Ron Paul HAPPENING.

12. Peach Wookiee

Could also be a temporary thing, as the keys manifest themselves.

13. Amaris

Yeah, for all we know, Rarity's about to find the first key, or she's found the first key.

14. Gepard

I didn't catch it at first, but check out the final verse of the song:

Eeeeyup. :techman:

15. Amaris

I missed that! Man, this season has really set itself up for something big. I just keep hoping it pays off.

16. Gepard

Me too. I'll be a lot happier with the, ah, less good episodes of the season (of which, unfortunately, I thought this was one) if they all sum up to something better.

17. Peach Wookiee

We have the thread, the fangs, possibly the comic... we can definitely surmise that the six keys each have something to do with the Mane Six...

18. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Don't forget the shadowed something at the end of "Castle-Mane-ia", too... Still wondering if that was meant to just be a fun little "Haha, it was Pinkie Pie the whole time... or was it?!" to end the ep, vs. a set up for something later.

As to this weekend's ep: I loved it. 9.5, maybe even another 10. Really firing on all cylinders this time around.

However, it's 3AM and I'm tired, so I'll ramble about it in a bit more detail later. :p

19. Gepard

I've heard that the Castle Mane-ia's writer, Josh Haber, was interviewed by Everfree Network and he said that the Shadow was just a one-off gag...but I don't think I believe him. :lol: These little stingers at the end of episodes seem to be setting up the story arc, and that Shadow Pony end would make a great villain teaser.

20. Peach Wookiee

^That's what's making this season so much fun! We don't know what the Chekov's gun is or the red herring!