HALO movie still being made?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Oct 7, 2010.

1. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Also agreed. A Halo miniseries with an adequate budget could delve far more deeply into the Halo mythos than a single big-budget movie, which by definition will have to primarily focus on massive battle scenes and effects (and, of course, will inevitably be filmed in 3D).

Not that I wouldn't like to see said film, actually it could be pretty great. But Halo has established a rich universe and I'd love to see it mined for some really good episodic storytelling.

2. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Please let this happen. Please let this happen. Please let this happen...

3. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

How are they going to make little monkey lizards with big dorsals scary?

4. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

That's what people said about Wing Commander and you can see what a disaster that was.

5. Subcommander R.

Subcommander R. Commodore Commodore

The grunts (Unggoy if you prefer the Covenant term) are mostly there for comic relief I think. Its the jackals and elites that are scary. And the hunters. And the brutes.

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Microsoft, through 343 Industries, will likely insist on extensive creative control, just as they did when Universal Pictures and 20th Century Fox were teaming up on the first effort.

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Like Subcommander R said, they arent the scary ones. Plus, you play as an 8 ft Spartan, in "real" life those grunts are about 5 ft tall. Still a formidable enemy.

EDIT: Just found this: http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_characterscale/index.html?char1=Marine-H1&char2=GruntArmor1-H1

That's a comparison of a normal marine to a grunt, simply seeing them "in scale" makes them more formidable if you ask me.

True, I've got some faith in 343, but after that godawful POS that was Halo Legends, im dubious about it. Still doesn't prevent me from wanting to see it happen though, regardless of the result i'd rather they at least try and make a great show/movie.

8. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I would love to see a Halo movie. It would be a hit if done right.