Star Trek: Equinox

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Lynx, Jun 20, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The guy is a LOT older looking, he doesn't have to play Ransom.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

But that's who they have him listed as playing.

3. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I'd totally like to see a novel about the surviving Equinox crew members after their return to the AQ with flashbacks throughout. I'm sure Kirsten MF Beyer would write the hell out of it!

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Kirsten MF Beyer" :guffaw:

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I disagree with that. I think 'Realistic' is somewhere between Voyager and Equinox. I would have liked to see a series where they found a way to push the boundaries of their morality but still having a basic moral foundation. Like, maybe you trade technology with aliens out of desperation for survival, but you don't go as far as to murder them.

My idea of a story about the Equinox crew. I forget the character's name but the girl who betrayed Equinox the most. She's applying for readmission into Starfleet. She tells them, I wasn't responsible. Ransom made the decision, I followed orders. What could I do? They were willing to kill those aliens they might have even killed me. They tell her they'll consider her reapplication but she can feel the passive hostility of the man she's talking to and knows she'll never be accepted back. She tells herself the same thing all the time, that she wasn't responsible, and some of the time she believes it and some of the time she doesn't. So, she tries to piece together what she did, she goes to a holodeck and watches the whole thing as a holodeck program.

The first version of the holodeck program supports her self-delusion, that she was responsible, she was threatened, and did everything she could. Then she goes through it a second time, only editing it to be more accurate. She accepts that she betrayed everything she believed in and wishes she and the Equinox had just accepted death. She plots suicide, but gets in some situation where she has to make a similar decision to trade her own safety for somebody else's life, and this time makes the morally right one, risking her life to save that of an unknown alien. For a second she thinks it makes everything she did okay, but she knows it really doesn't. She goes back to apply for readmission again, this time accepting her guilt and throwing herself on their mercy, and in their compassion they accept her back as a crewman.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  6. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bravo!!! You have presented a very affecting and moving idea for a continuation of this tale. It just doesn't seem that it would have been that much of a stretch to have had more time focused on this character (Marla Gilmore by the way) or Noah Lessing before the end of the series, especially given the content of some of the subsequent episodes!! Even if limited to cameo(s) or afforded a more substantive proper RedShirt sendoff after an appropriately characterized bout of soul searching being portrayed, I think that some writer could have managed this sometime over the course of the last two seasons!! :techman: