Google ownz your browsing

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by AntonyF, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

Apple designs and manufactures very few components of consequence in the iPod, it's still their juggernaut. :lol:

2. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

Well I just tried out Chrome, and as I started this thread I thought I'd weigh in with some thoughts...

It is faster. I wasn't expecting it, but it's faster than Firefox.

But I can't use my middle mouse button for scroll like I can anywhere else... so that is enough to stop me using it straight off.

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I have a friend at Google, and I asked him about that. He just said, "Well, it's still in beta." :lol:

4. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

Got this from I.T. today:

When I went to uninstall it, it asked if I was sure and added "Was it something we said?" LOL

5. drasche

drasche Captain Captain

Aren't they always? :D

They might as well should forbid you to use the Google search engine because it also behaves like that when you type something in the search field. Works on any browser with Javascript enabled.

The Yahoo search engine also behaves that way. Won't be long before their competitors implement that function.

That said, I understand your IT departement's warning but it will become increasingly difficult to avoid that kind of function in the future.

6. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

I was a big Safari fan until I tried out Firefox and discovered the NoScript add-on. There simply isn't a way to implement such features on Safari at this time, or I'd switch back. Safari's interface and key commands make much more sense to me, but its limited expandability means I had to leave it in the dust. If an OS X version of Chrome is released, I'll definitely try it out, as I have all the other browsers out there. P.S. welcome to the boards...try not to get TOO addicted. :D