Married Men -- no all Men I have question.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Cakes488, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's still every other weekend.

A seven-year-old can fuck you up if he stabs you while you sleep.

Also, I want to be the first to make the joke "It sounds like he's trying to have his cake and eat it too."

So you've lived there for 8 years and he has just recently started coming on to you?

2. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Stalkers are like most other obsessives; they start small and work their way up. It's rare someone jumps right into something major. I've seen it enough to see a potential danger when I read about it.

It's entirely possible he may have been stalking you for years but only now has he become obvious about it or something has changed in him to spark this obsession recently.

Police are a necessity if this continues. Telling him in no uncertain terms to stop it and continuing is harassment and not the idle stuff either.

3. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

Damn you and your math! :)

Well it's a summer place and he doesn't live there full time either...he actually doesn't live far from me "downhome", he's in queens and i'm in Long Island. Well we were supposed to go hiking 2 years ago, but he never showed up and I was glad because I honestly didn't want to spend the afternoon with him anyway. So when he was making his moves he said he was waiting to have this conversation with me for 2 yrs...ugh...I get grossed out whenever I think about it, makes me never want to have sex again. Well LOL OK I won't go that far.

This didn't even occur to me that this may be years in the making...but we're in a rural area...it's not like he can peep me from his place. But I think I'll throw in..."am I going to need to inform the police as well" in addition to the I'm telling Jean thing...might as well throw everything at him.

4. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

This is pretty classic harrassing behavior, which is the early stage of stalking. If you have truly been that direct with him, and he's still acting this way, you need to take every step possible to protect yourself before this escalates...and it will, quickly and dangerously.

By all means, tell his wife, but as others have said, in most cases this won't get you anywhere. If it does resolve it for you, consider yourself lucky. If it does not, swift police action will be necessary to set up clear boundaries.

Remember, to the stalker, any attention you give him is feeding the disease. Even bad attention is attention. You don't have to live in fear, but you need to cut off all contact with this individual, ASAP. If he has your phone number or e-mail address, change them or block him. If he looks at you, do NOT make eye contact. Don't exchange even pleasant greetings with him. Don't attend or throw any social gatherings where he may attend.

I do understand that this probably doesn't seem to you to be as serious as we're all describing it... but you have to be very cautious. As I said earlier, these things escalate very quickly.

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, stalking is not a matter of frequency. If someone is not respecting your privacy, that is a problem. If you do not want contact with them and they don't get the hint, that's a bigger problem.

Don't let this problem become any bigger than it is. If his wife can't keep him on a leash, call the cops. Don't even hesitate on that one.

6. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well there goes my theory. If it was recent I suspected him of reading MadBaggins's latest thread and getting the wrong idea about you.

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Cakes, I worry about you, dear. You've already told this guy off. You should tell his wife what's going on, and if it persists, call the cops on him.

8. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Cakes, married man here - for almost 25 years. That guy is fixated on you and he's fantasizing about you. You're going to have to be as blunt as you possibly can be with him. You're going to have to tell him that the next time he tries this shit, you're telling his wife. Period. No "friendly chats", no hanging out, no creepy staring, no phone calls - NOTHING.

You can't "hint" at anything - you're going to have to tell him straight out.

If ANYthing happens after that, call his wife and then go to the cops. Or a big, big friend with a bat.

9. Cakes488

Ok....now I'm scared :wah: And you're right...I didn't think this was really serious...I've always been able to handle it.
    Thank God he doesn't have my phone number or any personal info...oh hell no. Could you imagine? This cannot escalate...I don't like escalators!!!

10. Cakes488

I do have my man friend and he said he'd pay him a visit. He's been upstate quite a bit the past couple of months and we've made sure he's been visible...I didn't want to go over there with him because the less interaction I figured the better. I'm sooooooooooo glad I didn't eat lunch because the thought of him fantasizing about me is making my stomach turn.

I do want to say I haven't hinted at shit. I've told him flat out and directly -- which everyone is bringing to my attention that makes the situation even worse since he's not listening. I can be very assertive, direct and blunt and completely nasty.... and nobody usually fucks with me...I can't believe this guy is "coming back for more" after I've already cut his dick off practically.

11. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ That's what makes it sound...a little scary and obsessive, Cakes honey - that you're telling him something that he ought to find very interesting (though disappointing, too, of course) and yet he's clearly Not. Listening. Some guys, and they are the worst possible kind of guys, really don't seem to understand "no."

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  12. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I just add my drop of water to the ocean: threatening of telling his wife is not gonna work. I mean, any sane person already knows that this sort of behaviour will most likely get reported to his wife. So if he pulls this shit, he doesn't care about consequences.

So: cut all interaction with him; alert the cops; make sure your house is secure; get some mace or pepper spray.

Keep us in the loop, Cakes.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It IS obsessive and scary. Call the cops, tell his wife, have your biggest male friend pay him a visit with a baseball bat. Lock your doors. Tell everyone you know--TWICE.

If your instincts say "something is wrong here" then it IS wrong. It may be nothing, but think about how many women go missing each year because they were more worried about being "nice" than telling their uber-creepy neighbor to back the fuck off.

Tell EVERYONE about this guy---tell other neighbors, your co-workers, any cop who will listen. I had an old college buddy who was more worried about being nice and didn't want to cause "trouble." That is, until the stalker broke down her door in a drunken rage one night. Luckily, she'd told neighbors about the guy, and they all came running when they heard her screaming. Don't screw around with these psychos. He may be just another harmless jerk....or he may not.

14. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Those are huge warning signs!! He's not listening to "no!" Take that seriously. Tell him if does anything else again you'll call the cops. You're not joking around. He's already gone too far. You may even want to call the cops now. I'm somewhat concerned about your safety.

Mr Awe

15. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

I enthusiastically agree with everything here EXCEPT for the part about having a large male friend pay him a visit. That, unfortunately, might give HIM leverage if this has to turn into a legal situation. It also shows him he's getting to you, further inflaming the behavior.

And none of us want you to live in fear, but we do want you to be cautious, and take the threat seriously. I do think telling his wife is a good idea, but like I said before, prepare yourself emotionally for that to not work.

As far as you being direct with him... OK, first, let me state I'm in NO WAY saying any of this is your fault. This individual is very sick. I do just want to mention one thing though, in the OP, you said you told him "he's married and nothing will ever happen so I gave him a pass because he was drunk and I figured it was over and that he probably felt stupid the next day". It is possible, that despite you meaning "FUCK OFF!", this person heard "I want to, but you're married". Which the stalker processes as a green light.

Again, I do not want to sound like I'm blaming you, just maybe trying explain how you were "targeted".

16. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

the potential for danger with this guy is pretty high, lots of red flags, go to the cops, get a restraining order, go to a sporting goods store, get some pepper spray, and if he persists after the spray, kick him in the junk, get behind him,put one hand on his chin, one hand on the back of his head, and twist until you hear a crunch

17. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Another married-for-almost-25-years guy here.

It doesn't sound to me like the simple threat of telling his wife will do much good, if any. The number of chances you've given the creep are more than he deserves, so simply tell his wife straight out. This isn't vengeance so much as it's concern for your peace of mind as well as physical safety.

No matter how direct you've been before, it hasn't worked because the guy has come back. A more concrete action seems to be required.

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I was thinking this also. He's had plenty of chances. After the first warning, that was it. Don't threaten to tell his wife, tell his wife. You threaten and he'll have time to make sure you don't make good on that threat.

J.

19. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

1) call the cops and tell them.

2) call the cops and tell them.

3) get a permit and the biggest, most fuck-off gun you can.

4) make sure he sees you carrying said BFG.

5) call the cops and tell them.

6) learn to shoot.

i'm serious about the gun. it's why you have gun laws, right? i mean, it's your choice whether you go for something military-grade like one of those civilianised M-16s or just a big-ass pump-action shotty, or something more discreet like a large calibre pistol, but you wanna make sure he gets the message, he fucks with you, you introduce him to your friend PAIN.

20. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    A taser right to the jimmy! Or pepper spray.