New ST:XI trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Sector 7, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Since some people are still asking...
    The newest Star Trek XI trailer will be premier at http://www.startrekmovie.com
    Monday, November 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM EDT.

2. Mr. Fergy

Mr. Fergy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Since I get home from work at 3:30 am PST Mondays, I'll just stay up...

I've gotten too old and stodgy to pay ten bucks just to walk out of a movie after seeing the trailer, and I have zero interest in Quantum of Solace.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^Same here. I'll catch it online. Since that site may be overwhelmed, I'm thinking you will have time to sleep first.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

4:50 P.M. Monday after work. I can't wait.

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I need that bootleg trailer, like, right now! Come on, America, don't let us down!

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, seriously...Are they all sleeping over there or something ? :p

8. EnsignJulka

EnsignJulka Captain Captain

I'm looking forward to it!

9. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

There will be no BOOTLEG today :(

10. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

So lemme get this straight... even if someone did get the trailer with their phone the link or clip would be removed because Paramount wouldn't like it. Then what the fuck am I on this site for anyways?!:klingon:

11. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2 hours to go before the first showing of Bond in the local theater.

tick tock tick tock

12. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have checked the tubes to no avail. Come now midnight showing viewers! What's the problem?

13. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want a shaky cam version dammit!

14. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You guys are seriously considering watching a crappy bootleg shakycam version? As your first viewing of it?

Even if I don't catch it in cinemas this weekend, I'm waiting a couple more days till Monday to watch it in full 1080p HD glory for the first time.

15. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. I mean, it's not like the shaky-cam version will keep me from downloading the HD trailer and watching it over and over and over again.

I totally understand them not wanting our first look to be a shitty look, but we understand that that's what we're purposefully getting.

16. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't get why they're not releasing it today. It is attached to a competitor's film, after all. The Watchmen trailer went online this morning; why do we have to wait until Monday?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. In order to have the Trek XI trailer attached to the Bond movie, Paramount probably had to agree to keep the trailer offline until Monday so as to not impact the weekend take for MGM.

17. Shatterhand

Shatterhand Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll be seeing Quantum of Solace tonight, and I'm trying not to get my hopes of seeing the ST trailer up too high, since it seems that quite a few theaters did not show it before their copy of QoS. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if it didn't make its way here to Milwaukee.

And, as much as I want to see it, I don't want a "shakycam" version. It's bad enough when you're in a theater and people around you just won't shut their popcorn-holes because they think the trailers are fair game to talk through and fiddle with their cell phones and come waltzing in at the last minute to find their seats (heaven forbid you actually make an attempt to get to the movie theater early!). To have all of that happening around some guy holding a cam like he just did a triple espresso with a shot of Jolt, trying to film a trailer...nah, pass.

Monday comes fast enough for me; I'll wait until then if it's before QoS tonight.

18. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid Youtube till Monday. Seeing the shaky cam of the teaser ruined it a speck for me.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

People will have cams of the QoS out by tommorow so im sure some will also extract the trailer as well.

20. Quark's Lobe

Quark's Lobe Commander Red Shirt

Just got back from seeing the trailer. I'm one of those uber geeks who show up just for the trailer and don't stay for the movie. In fact, I'm one of those uber-uber geeks who call seven or eight theaters first to make sure they are showing the trailer after the recent rumors of many not atttaching the Trek trailer to Quantum. (By the way, several did not).

Trailer spoilers here on out:::::::::::::

Friggin' unbelievable!!!! In a good way. Everything about this movie just screams epic. Flashbacks to little kid Kirk, flashbacks to little kid Spock, Amanda and Sarek, Pike doing the voiceover, Sarek doing a portion of the voiceover (I think???). Huge panoramic shots of Vulcan. When James T. Kirk pulls into the frame on his motorcycle, it wasn't Shatner, but it WAS James T. Kirk. Very hard to explain, but I'm blown away. The shot of Enterprise being built on the ground with Kirk looking on - wow. Really brings the shot of him watching it fall out of the sky in Movie 3 come full circle.

And the music! Pulse-poundingly great. And from what I understand that is actually from the movie's score, so even better. {Edit: Apparently it was edited by Giacchino but is not from the score.} I literally had this dopey grin throughout the entire trailer, as the music continued to build and build.

Congratulations all around to the director, producers, writers, actors, and all involved with this film. I think you just made Star Trek cool again.