Lis Sladen

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Apr 19, 2011.

1. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

I just feel like my heart's been torn right out of me. It's terrible. :(

Sorry to keep posting these messages, but I'm just so upset.

2. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

Such sad, sad news. :( Met her a few years ago at a convention, she was the most lovely lady. RIP.

3. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

This sucks. I met her and Pertwee back in 1983. They were both wonderful.
    RIP Elizebeth.

4. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

That just ruined my day. :(

She'll be sorely missed.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Wow. That must have been quite the experience!

6. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I'm envious. I sooo would have loved to meet Pertwee but he was long dead before I even learned of the existence of the show.

7. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Obviously there is no way to go forward with the remaining episodes of series 5. It would be nice if RTD gave fans a synopsis, or even posted the scripts of the remaining episodes so fans get to see in some what what they would have otherwise missed completely.

Still can't believe it. I was reading a few of the Who news pages and every single person is in shock and are just as devastated as all of us. I don't think I've ever felt sadder about the death of someone I never met, and certainly never shed a tear, until today.

8. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Very hard to believe. A lovely, talented woman. I very much enjoyed her work. 63 is far, far too young.

9. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

She definitely needs some kind of tribute.

10. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

While no one can replace Elizabeth, I'd really like SJA to continue somehow. I know it's a kids show, but I really enjoy it, and like those kids in those roles, and hate to see it end. I also would prefer to think that Sarah Jane herself lives on in the Whoverse, even though Elisabeth is no longer with us.

So perhaps upon learning of Sarah Jane's passing, the Doctor's heart(s) break. And so too does the Heart of the TARDIS. After all, Sarah Jane was its companion too. And for a longer time than most.

From what I know of the Heart of the TARDIS, it is alive in a sense, and telepathic, and can essentially grant people's innermost wishes for them. And no one, not even The Doctor, knows for certain how it works, or how far its power extends.

And perhaps the breaking of hearts leads could lead to the breaking of rules. And... I know its just a stupid fanboy fantasy borne of my sorrow for Elizabeth Sladen's untimely passing, but maybe, just maybe, the Heart of the TARDIS could intervene and grant an old friend the gift of regeneration.

11. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

I'm not so sure. The other characters of SJA simply aren't the same without Sarah Jane herself. :(

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

The show must go on for the fans(children) no doubt

13. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Unless another companion of old steps up for the final three, slightly re-written, to give the series some closure.

Real-world though, I'd say just let it go.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

sorry but im not sure that would work, I dont think the new actress would ever be accpeted, if the TARDIS was to regenerate her, it would have to be into ES again, dont think a 2nd actress could play the role.

The best bet for the show to continue would seem to be Jo Grant.

That said the TARDIS could merge their two minds, so that that Sarah Jane will be part of Jo Grant.

I am sure the TARDIS can take us on a tour of Sarah Janes life, very well however.

15. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apparently they'd filmed 1-4,11,12 so Tommy could take part. So the series does have an ending.

16. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

17. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

No. Let it go, it's done now.

18. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

way I see it, she is an actress, and who deeply loved the character she was playing, and knew how important that character was too so many, it seems logical she would want any completed episodes to be shown.

Rarewolf that pattern of episodes could work, but without knowing the plots, its possible something in episodes 5-10, will appear in the finale, thats tricky.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

She could bring her grandson along, too. And its Jones now.

Just finished watchin' SJA 'Death of the Doctor' for the first time, and I agree, if the series continues, Jo would be the best way to keep it goin', since the teenages know her already and they'd have a peer for her to bring along on adventures.