Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Captain Mike, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

No argument there. Commentaries like that are a waste of time and disc space.

2. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Gasp! Get the pitchforks! I'll get the torches!

3. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Exactly the arses because they love the nu universe!! :rofl:

4. ScottDS

ScottDS Captain Captain

I don't know if the original poster is referring to the DVD or the Blu-Ray. The current DVD editions of the films include ONLY the new extras produced for the 2009 Blu-Ray set, including the commentaries by folks who didn't all work on the films.

The stand-alone Blu-Ray editions, on the other hand, also include the original Special Edition DVD extras (more or less), including the filmmaker commentaries, the best two being the Moore & Braga tracks on Generations and First Contact.

5. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Guys, I went ahead and forwarded a copy of the audio track to the FBI. The director himself has assured me arrests will be made soon on charges of heresy.

6. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

Unless there is something wrong with the disc, no store will take back an open piece of media.

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

:rommie:

I listened to that commentary; it was indeed pretty lame. I suspect many fans could record a more interesting one by themselves or with a friend at home, but they were probably mindful of not saying anything to provocative or critical, because why say anything risky on an official track to be sold to fans? The much wiser course, career-wise, would be to loudly praise the elements you like, and only gently praise the rest.

8. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Exactly....from the writer who is a big Star wars...trek fan AND the editor of TREKMOVIE.com. You at least think he would know his Star Trek knowledge since he was "supposedly" dressed in Klingon garb...:rolleyes: