Resident Evil: Afterlife - It's Happening

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Oct 16, 2008.

1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Seems Sony has backpeddled a bit after the theatrical success of Extinction.

Interesting. I wonder what it'll be about since Milla said she felt she'd done all she could do with the character of Alice and wouldn't be returning for any sequels during the promotion of Extinction. Rumor has it it'll focus on Claire Redfield and the trip to Alaska. It may include parts of the story of the game Resident Evil 4 as well.

Thoughts?

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

How can it follow parts of RE4 when the last two movies didn't even come close to what the games were about?

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still haven't seen the third Resident Evil yet...and yes I will be waiting to see if Mila makes a decision to reprise her role or not. Isn't she married to Anderson?

4. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So they're doing this and the animated movie? Well, why not I guess.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If you watch on the DVD there is a documentary about the first film's development. In it Anderson said he wanted to do a movie very similar to the first game using the same characters. Sony vetoed it and threatened to get a new director because they were worried it would hurt game sales if there was a movie version of the game.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

To be fair, a movie version of the first game would have made the actual game's acting look amateurish and embarrassing by comparison.

"Wait! Don't open... that door!"
    "I hope this isn't CHRIS' blood!"

7. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

LOL! :lol: The terrible voice acting was part of the original Resident Evil's charm, wasn't it?

'That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!'
    'It's a weapon. It's really powerful against living things!'
    And the alltime classic: 'NOOOOOO! DON'T GO!':guffaw:

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

It will be interesting to see where a fourth film goes. The others were more "inspired by" the Resident Evil games than anything else and kind of took their own course by the end.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I suppose if they do convince Milla to return that we'll be seeing pretty much her on the screen all the time. Clones.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I could live with that. :drool:

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

he 1st one was half decent but it was downhill from there, number 2 was ruined by making Nemesis too human emotionally when it should of just been a death killing machine. Number 3 was just plain bad with a captial BAD...at least we saw Wesker though.

in a RE 4 I demand we see Claire/Chris story with Wekser/Barry in the plot and I want to see dam Hunters :)

12. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Still haven't seen #3.....

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Save yourself :eek: DON'T.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It wasn't that bad, it could have been a lot worse (the remake of Day of the Dead for example).

15. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Call me crazy but I thought the movies were ok. Certainly not great by any means, but ok. I'll certainly go watch it when released.

16. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

The third film was great. Hopefully Milla reprises her role in the fourth one.

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

ive not seen the 3rd yet either, and for the most part I enjoyed parts 1 & 2.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I think to like the third film you have to be a fan of George A Romero's Day of the Dead. They're alike in many ways. A lot of the criticism comes from the Alice/Tyrant fight being so short.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought the second film was extremely enjoyable but the other two were just "good". The second one was like a live action video game even with a boss monster who you fleetingly meet once and then have a final fight with, two different heroines teaming up, and a great premise of the city being sealed off by the military as it gets taken over with a sense of geography and everything.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ That's a good point. Apocalypse feels like a video game.