24: Live Another Day. Discussion Thread. (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 4, 2014.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Right now, terrorists are planning something. Something dastardly. So dastardly they had to pull me out of television retirement to take care of it. Also, pip pip, I'm in London, that's right Jack Bauer has gone international and today is the longest day of my life. .... Actually the shortest day since this is a half-season but you get the point.

The following takes place between 11:00 AM and Tea Time.

_____

This thread will be used to discuss all of the episodes in the new season.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe since they are skipping hours, he might finally have time to use the bathroom or get something to eat.

I wonder if I should be more excited for this than I am. I was content with the ending (Jack on the run and stuff like that) but this feels like something that should have been a movie rather than a series. Times change, I've moved on, and to have a show like 24 back, it almost feels like living in the past. Again, I'll still watch it, but I do have some reservations.

3. Trekker4747

I'm really looking forward to it. With the shorter season we should get a tighter season and with skipping hours things may be a bit more logical too. But, hell, I'll watch Jack and Chloe in almost anything.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Nah, he'll be stuck in a London traffic jam instead. :p

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You sure you don't want to do a thread for each night it's on? Didn't 24 threads get a lot of activity? This could get pretty lengthy for 12 episodes in 11 weeks.

6. Trekker4747

Doing a season-long thread seems to be going trend anymore. Unless you're a cartoon centered around ponies, that is.

7. Trekker4747

Checking the schedule tonight on the cable-box, it seems that the first two episodes are on tonight.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Stuck in a roundabout while muttering "dammit" :D

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Same feelings here. I loved 24 back in the day, but I find I'm not as psyched for this as I might've been say even two years ago. I'll definitely watch it, though I'm not certain whether I'll be onhand here in the commentary or not.

I hope the show pulls me in like it used to and make me want to keep watching.

10. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank goodness I saw this thread. I totally forgot about it.

11. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

So good to see a 24 thread back up here.

13. Nomad

Nomad Commander Red Shirt

I'm looking forward to it. I hope that with only twelve episodes we don't get the padded sub-plots (troubled teen, crazy boyfriend/girlfriend, CTU mole) we got in previous seasons.

14. Trekker4747

The sub-plot with what's her name really ruined the last season for me, especially since the focus was so much on her and that the creators of the show literally said they had no idea what to do with her, had no idea why audiences hated her so much and then it struck them to make her mole/double agent.

Even though a)having a character on a show you don't know what to do with is poor writing, b)audiences hated her because her and her personal drama was soaking up way too much time and her trouble with her boyfriend or whatever was just dumb, we tune in to see Jack Bauer, dammit!, c) WHAT?! you thought making her CTU's umpteenth mole was a good idea?!

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've seen an episode here or there, so I'm not what you'd call a fan. But something tells me I want to watch this, so I'll be there :)

Well, since I work overnights I'll be DVR-ing it, but you get the point.

16. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

This 24 is already the 24iest 24 that's ever 24ed.

GLASS WALLS IN A CAVERNOUS TECH LAIR = No government office ever.

17. Trekker4747

I can't wait for Jack Bauer to show up in The Expendables IV.

The President is Reagan-ing!

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It also completely contradicted everything that came before with the character. But I guess the writers thought if you took sucky and added a new sucky, everything about that character would cease to suck.

Same thing happened in season 5 where the whole "I'm really a villain" turn was a contradiction, but people really enjoyed that one. :shrug:

Plan your turncoats in advance, 24!

19. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Okay, so far we have Dr Moon, Corporal Liebgott, Det. Rey Curtis, Sarah Walker, and Hercules

20. Trekker4747

CTU is renting their current digs from the Ninja Turtles.

In 2019 closed-circuit cameras in interrogation rooms still aren't in HD. Videography... OF THE FUTURE!!!!