Thoughts on Season 6

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by dub, Nov 4, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

• "Survival Instinct" - Really liked this episode. Good stuff for Seven's character.
    • "Dragon's Teeth" - I thought the concept was interesting, but I didn't much enjoy the episode.
    • "One Small Step" - It was at times slow, but I enjoyed the episode.
    • "The Voyager Conspiracy" - Another interesting concept. It was really neat to see the events retold as conspiracies. With the internet booming into widespread popularity, conspiracy theories about our history seemed to have a revival back then. At least that's how it felt to me at the time. So this was timely. I do wish they ended this episode by having the crew's distrust in each other leading to the destruction of the catapult and leaving them stranded again where they stand. This would cause some tension among the crew, and make people especially pissed off with Seven. I think that would have been the way to do it.
    • "Pathfinder" - Enjoyed seeing Barclay here. And I slightly welled up when Paris' dad said he was proud of him.
    • "Blink of an Eye" - I thought this was another interesting concept. The episode was okay. I'm sure someone has written a fanfic about the doctor's 3 years on the planet?
    • "Tsunkatse" - It was very cool to see Jeff Combs and JG Hertzler together again! Though I found it crazy that this was the first time they ever had a scene together even though they appeared in many episode together on DS9. Was it odd that a Hirogen was in this episode? Afterall, Voyager had catapulted 5 years ahead in the journey several episodes ago, and the last mention of the Hirogen before this was back in season 4 IIRC? Clearly they were way past any Hirogen? Also, the crew enjoying a boxing match seems to go against the "evolved humanity" concept. But perhaps it's because UPN was trying to cross-promote the WWE? The Rock's appearance could be a hint. ;) As for this episode? Meh.

2. SurvivorJoe

SurvivorJoe Lieutenant Red Shirt

I remember when "Tsunkatse" first aired and I was really bothered by it because, at least to me, it seemed like such an obvious ploy from the struggling UPN network to "crossover" their two highest rated programs (I could be wrong, but I feel like there may have even been a TV Guide blurb around that time where they basically admitted that's what UPN was doing). I haven't watched it in a long time, but don't they even play The Rock's "entrance theme" when his character in the Voyager episode enters the arena?

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry, but the Rock being a badass is diminished by him beating on Jeri Ryan, Borg enhancements or not. Just unclassy at best.

4. dub

^ :guffaw::lol::guffaw::lol: That avatar! The kettle's going to boil over!

Edit: Guess it already happened. That's what I get for skipping threads.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The message delivered by "Tsunkatse", whether intentional or not, was that someone at either UPN or Star Trek thought it was all right for a muscleman to beat up a beautiful woman if it meant ratings for the network. One of the saddest days in Trek history was when UPN began pre-empting Star Trek episodes for the WWE.

6. R. Star

Glad you like it! Always thought Janeway and Riker deserved one another. ;)

And well... I got the same loving message from the kettle last time I posted it. Go figure. :p

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure no Borg were harmed in the making of the episode...

...but if it was Seven beating on The Rock instead, would that be better?

8. dub

Seven mud wrestling with a wayfaring Orion slave girl would have been better.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You have defaced the beautiful Eric Northman R.Star.

Since I never knew who The Rock was all this Tsukatse irritation is lost on me. A terrible episode, I never liked any kind of boxing/fighting storylines.

10. dub

Not that I would know, but somehow I doubt Riker's chest would be quite so fit, tan and hairless.

11. teacake

And beautiful. It isn't.

12. R. Star

Well we're even, because I don't know who Eric Northman is. Other than that dude whose body I put Riker's head on. ;)

13. teacake

We're not even until I have defaced something you love R.Star.

:: examines R.Star's profile ::

14. R. Star

Well I don't think my profile will give you much, but... I'll probably just think it's funny if you do deface something I love. ;)

15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I'm going to guess that his favorite character is Spock. Though it would be pretty difficult to mess Spock up after cooleddie's afro and shades.

16. teacake

There must be lust involved for true besmirching defacement.

But I guess that might be the case with Spock.

17. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I keep accidentally mistaking R. Star for you because of Janeway's face...that is until I see Riker's face...then I'm like oh no it's R. Star. :lol:

18. R. Star

Pft, I'm doing that with my own posts. :p

19. teacake

Yesterday I read a thread and got to one of my posts and thought "I don't remember making that point.. that sounds unusually lucid.." and then it was R.Star!

:lol:

20. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

This board needs a game of "musical avatars". (begins eyeing others' avatars intently)