Saving Private Ryan Blu-Ray RECALLED

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr. Laser Beam, May 13, 2010.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Linky

Problems with audio sync.

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, damn, I bought a copy of it...guess I better check it, see if I got a bad one or not.

3. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I asked in my local HMV about this today. They hadn't got a clue what I was talking about. They just said customers could return the disc if there was a problem -- and presumably get a replacement disc with exactly the same problem. They also had no idea about the problem with a batch of the Godfather 2 discs from a couple of years ago. F*ckwits.

4. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a mastering error - there are no copies without problems.

5. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno, some people have reported their copy was fine. I watched this on Sunday before I was aware of the problem and didn't notice anything amiss, but maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention. I'll have to go back and double check now that I know exactly where the problem starts.

6. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

That's too bad...I was thinking how awesome it would have been if it had been recalled due to "after the first 20 minutes, not being nearly as good as people give it credit for." :lol:

7. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

From the linked article -

... the reported errors don't seem to be happening on all players.

So, let me rephrase...

...guess I better check it, see if it plays without error on my blu ray player.

:p

8. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As far as I could tell, it plays fine on my PS3. But this did give me an excuse to actually pull it off the shelf and watch it. This movie looks gorgeous on Blu!

9. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got around to checking my copy and as far as I can tell it's fine. Loaded up chapter 15 and watched closely and couldn't discern any lipsynching issues. For the record I've got a Sony BDP-S360.

Also just checked it out on the LG HD-DVD/Blu-ray drive on my computer and it seemed fine on there as well.

Last edited: May 15, 2010