Dukat's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Nerys Ghemor, Dec 15, 2009.

1. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

I agree with the others that said that Sisko's body is gone. Otherwise how would he be able to 'physically' interact with the disembodied Sarah-prophet as well as the transcendental Kasidy.

That said, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for the Prophets to retrieve Sisko's body from the moment it disintegrated in the Fire Caves, restore it with his disembodied form in the Temple and send it to a future point in the timeline. Especially given the fact that Sisko promised his return.

2. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

Well, if I was writing for DS9 season 8, I'd have a plot point that Sisko returns, but at the same time, for him to return, Dukat and the Jem'Hadar ships that vanish in Sacrifice of Angels have to come back too. So we have Sisko back, Dukat back, and a thousand Jemmie ships who think there's still a war on.

Who thinks I should showrun?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  3. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ As long as it isn't for DS9 season 8 I say go for it.

Though I guess it makes as much sense as what happened to the parasite Queen in Unity.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Much as I love Dukat I hope relaunch never goes there (bringing him back). With Sisko there were enough prophecies and indications he would return for it to be expected.

I just assumed Dukat somehow became a Pah Wraith after he fell into the caves. Kai Winn they had no use for, so she is dead.

5. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

snakespeare--Dukat's body was poisoned, yes, but wouldn't Sisko's body have been charred? If Sisko were restored to corporeal form, that would certainly have to be overcome, perhaps even entailing a new body being made for him. IF the Pah-Wraiths preserved Dukat (and that is the big if), I don't see why they couldn't make Dukat a new body without the effects of the flames OR the poison.

6. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or, since they are not linear, maybe, instead of making a new body, they put his spirit in his old body some time before it was charred... :cardie:

if that even makes sense... :confused: :shifty:

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Not sure...at least the way I read it, that would require creating an alternate timeline branching off from the one where Sisko's body burned in the Fire Caves.

8. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One would expect not, since that would seem to require a lot more time and pain than they seem to expend on cosmetic surgery... and indeed, why bother? If they can't tell that that guy is Dukat just because he isn't wearing his ankhface anymore, they probably aren't smart enough to figure DNA analysis out. :p

9. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

I totally disagree with all those saying that Dukat died and am not buying this "Dukat died before he fell into the flames" argument at all. Not sure where some posters are getting that from, that is not what the show presents. The show presents Dukat as alive and well as taunts Sisko to stop him. It is seeming like many members are mixing up the non-canon books with the canon show.

After they fall into the flames, the wormhole aliens make it clear that Dukat didn't die any moreso than Sisko did.

Dukat is still alive and well, playing poker and scheming with is Pah-Wraith buddies.

If Dukat is dead, then Sisko is dead too. End of story.

10. Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott Commander

That to me (my opinion) was such a stupid storyline in DS9. Kai Winn, Nurse Ratched of the religion of the beautiful people, and Gul Dukat. What was Dukat's deal anyway? I want to kill Sisko, so I am going to ally myself with these demonic aliens

I wonder how much it would of cost DS9 to bring back Jack Nicholson for a one day shoot as a Pah Wraith coming back to life to smash Kai Winn's head to the ground? I'm sure Jack likes Trek and would of done it.

11. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because only an idiot takes a knife to a gunfight.

12. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

I think Louise Fletcher was perfect for the part of Kai Winn because of the Nurse Ratched part - it was a perfect translation for her to be in charge of the Bajoran faith becaue she could act in a maternal, yet poisonous way. Would have been interesting to see Pah-Wraith Jack Nicholson...

And yes, yes that was Dukat's deal entirely. "I want Sisko dead, so does anyone have the number of those red-eyed things that have caused him trouble off and on? What? That'll tick the Bajorans off as well? Excellent. Can I borrow someone's phone?"