TV Ratings (The Final Week) Season Finale

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, May 18, 2011.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Some shows have already finished their runs but others haven't and because I need to do a catch up thread for the last 3 days, I thought we'll have one giant thread for this entire week and the very little of whats to air next week like the House season finale.

First of all I'd like to thank everyone whose posted in these threads of mine, can't believe I started this a few years ago, I need a life ey ;) ...

Sunday
    CBS

ABC

NBC

FOX

Monday & Tuesdays ratings to follow soon...

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Monday
    -Total Viewers:
    ABC: 18.68 million, CBS: 8.01, Fox: 7.39, NBC: 4.26, CW: 1.49

-Adults 18-49:
    ABC: 4.1 rating/11 share, Fox: 2.7/7, CBS: 2.5/7, NBC: 1.3/3, CW: 0.8/2

ABC

CBS

FOX

NBC

CW

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Interesting... looks like Shat got better ratings than Mike Molly yet it was canned.

4. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They sure don't make season finales like they used to. Most shows end pretty anemically anymore. The Vampire Diaries had a strong finish but there isn't a concerted effort it seems to try to do a "The Best of Both Worlds"(TNG), "Call to Arms"(DS9), "There's No Place Like Home"(LOST), "Big Bang Theory"(Melrose Place), Dallas' Who Shot JR?.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Mike & Molly ratings were far stronger until March, the show should bounce back assuming Two & Half Men doesn't flop next season with Kutcher. Also I doubt Shat's sitcom would of got the same ratings if flipped around with TBBT or no TBBT lead in...Mike & Molly has done decent work under difficult circumstances.

6. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problem with all this Jax is, who's to say what Shat's ratings would have been had he been given the slot behind 2.5 Men. We specualate, but there's no way to know for certain. It could have turned out just as easily that M&M would bite the dust and the Shat stays. Or not, no way to know for sure.

You yourself talked about ROE's ratings and how it probably is only coming back because of them putting together a syndication package, and it really wasn't doing any better than Shat in that timeslot.

I think that's what iritates me so much about all this TV cancellation stuff. A good chunk of it is luck of the draw, what network your'e on, what night you're on, etc. Shat with 8 million viewers goes bye-bye, meanwhile Happy Endings or Chuck with 4 million viewers stays on the air. It's maddening.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Speculation and GH4 makes note of it. What we can tell that as a show M&M is not drawing people into the show for the show itself. Most likely it's higher numbers early were by people leaving the channel on. Whereas $#*! had quite stable numbers in viewership with only a slight dip in demo. M&M has been seeing both.

I'm going to call it now M&M cancelled next year, regardless if Kusher brings ratings back to THM. These last few shows indicate there really isn't a fan base wanting new M&M or else the show would've maintained higher ratings on it's own merit. $#*! had people tuning in just for SHAT, M&M doesn't have that and it's been showing.

It only had a few eps touch 8m, including the last but by then people knew it was the end. Had it not been who knows. The show averaged 10+m viewers and a fairly solid demo(despite CBS's crazy high mark).

8. gh4chiefs

I think you're right and I'll go out on a limb and say next year will be the last year for Blue Bloods too.

9. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jax what are you thoughts with HIMYM? Feels like the stories are getting crappier and crappier. How much longer do you think CBS will try to milk it for?

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I can't speak of quality because I don't watch it but I think CBS will want at least another 2 years of the show assuming the ratings don't flatline in 2012-2012, which is unlikely

11. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

so how many season does that make for castle? and how is the show I have been seriously thinking of getting the dvd's but I just don't know what the premise of the show is. I know castle is the actor from firefly right?

12. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Castle's got the same kind of quirky humour that Bones has going for it. If you like that then there's a good chance you'll like Castle I'd imagine.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

CBS

ABC

NBC

FOX

CW

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  14. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

? Sneaky, trying to bump the numbers by airing it on two networks? ;)

Fox must be already concerned about the state of Raising Hope and Breaking In.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I've fixed it now ;) well don't say FOX I don't try to help your shows. Raising Hope is dead after next season and I would of said maybe should of aired Breaking In right after Glee but I doubt that would helped.

Fox may want to produce sitcoms because they are the cheapest scripted stuff to make, (even though reality these days is more scripted than reality :p) people simply DO NOT want to watch FOX sitcoms.

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's already been renewed for two more seasons. I don't expect it to go on after that.

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Ah I forgot it was a two year pickup and yeh HIMYM doesn't have the legs to go to for season 9, 10 etc.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Doesn't mean CBS won't try to get more life out of it.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I don't think the ratings will hold to go past the contracted 8th season.

20. gh4chiefs

I made the mistake last night of watching, or I should say trying to watch Happy Endings. 10 minutes in and I was done. Made me even more disgruntled about all these cancellations. I don't see how Better With You can get axed in favor of that. Not that I'm a big BWY fan, it's just a comparison.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. :lol: