How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Victoria can't be the mother. 2030 Ted mentioned in a previous episode that the mother plays the bass guitar; have we seen Victoria do that/know that she does? Certainly its possible that she already does and we haven't seen it, or that she eventually learns, but I don't think Victoria's going to be around for long.

My guess: Ted meets the Mother at Barney and Robin's wedding (where the Mother was one of the musicians in the band playing and Ted runs in to her again after the wedding, while waiting for the train in Farhampton in the rain.

I get why some people are over the show, but I still love it and will continue to watch till the end.

Harvey: If you google "How I Met Your Mother Season 7" -- there's a site called Project Free TV that streams all the episodes there. That's how I was able to get all caught up last week. Granted, some eps the resolution is less than stellar, but not terribly so.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I'm pretty sure "The Muppets" was a hit. Enough so, anyway, to warrant a sequel, and one which Segel himself has gone on record saying he does not want to write or star in.

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wasn't a flop but it was generally recognized as a "disappointment"

• the $45 million-dollar-costing Jason Segel-created ‘Muppet’ movie has only grossed an unimpressive $76 million so far in the U.S. Yes, it still has to open up internationally in several markets, but are those audiences going to care? The U.S. is where the ‘Muppets’ should have truly shone, and the fact that the holidays are coming to a close and “The Muppets” hasn’t surpassed the $100 million mark is a very bad sign for a company (Disney) that paid a hefty chunk of change to own the rights to this brand and franchise.

This site indicates it only made about fifty percent over its budget. From what I understand, to be a true "hit," a film has make at least twice its budget.

So, while not a flop, it wasn't really a "hit" either.

My point about him walking if Muppets and 5-year engagement had been hits wasn't about him wanting to leave this series to do sequels. It was about the idea that if both films hadn't underperformed, Segel might have had the box office clout to pull a "Hanks" or "Clooney" and leave his series to do films full-time.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He could still pull a Long.

5. the G-man

He could have, but I think it's been shown he was smarter than that. Otherwise, he'd have been out the door after "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."

6. Guy Gardener

Which again was clever but hardly made any impact.

7. the G-man

I must confess I have no idea what you're talking about at this point. Are you saying it was clever of him not to quit the show or are you saying the movie 'Sarah Marshall' was a clever film?

8. Guy Gardener

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was more so a clever movie than a funny one.

I really liked the puppets.

30 Rock's Jack McBrayer stole that movie.

WTF!?

Aldous Snow?

Russel Brand was playing the same character in Forgetting Sarah Marshal and Get him to the Greek?

Get him to the Greek (Which I watched last night) is a fricking Sequel to forgetting Sarah Marshal?

OH!

Blind Medicine.

To be fair I had to leave half way through the movie because my ride was antsy.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm loving the new season. I'm glad we're seeing more bits and pieces of the future. I'll keep loving everything they throw at us until the end, but I think if it was me, I'd call this the last year and make it a good one.

10. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

From the looks of it it may indeed be the last one.. much of the cast has let it slip out that they are ready to move on (Segel being the most prominent one) and i can't fault them.. 8 years of playing the same character is enough for most actors.

The episode was nice even if the humor wasn't that funny at times (Klaus especially.. i live in Germany and his german is horrible and the humor about Germany is pretty chliche and not very original). They got rid of stripper girl quite fast but i liked the short look into the future with Robin.

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

That Klaus thing was really unfunny. Brought the episode down a lot in my opinion.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yeah, the Klaus stuff was not funny. They need to let that go. The stuff with Robin and her boyfriend WAS funny, though. However, the whole episode was just kinda "MEH."

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I thought the Klaus subplot was the best part, but then I really like actor Thomas Lennon.

The rest of it was pretty average though, especially the "mystery" of which couple was going to break up.

14. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm disappointed they broke up Barney and Quinn, I really liked them as a couple. I'm sure there are more twists in store though.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm glad to see Quinn gone. The pre-nup stuff was funny :D

16. the G-man

They've realeased a soundtrack for the show. It includes the Robin Sparkles song, "You Just got Slapped," and, most legendarily, “Nothin’ Suits Me Like a Suit”

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Just got caught-up with the first two episodes. Very underwhelmed.

The show just hasn't been the same for about a season now. I hope this is the last one.

18. Guy Gardener

Bite your tongue!

The worse this show gets the more the people making it deserve to be tied to it as punishment.

19. the G-man

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but the show was set up with a finite timeline and definite story arc. At this point, since they apparently can't/won't show how Ted met really the mother until the end, they're just spinning their wheels. Furthermore, the flash forwards have more or less tied them to certain outcomes with Marshall, Lily, Barney and Robin and so there isn't a lot left to do with them either.

20. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

You apparently never watched Smallville. By Season 10, Tom Welling was the only character from the pilot episode to still be on the show, and that was only because he was the title-fucking-character. When the producers made their "no tights, no flights" dictum, they essentially signed up for 10 seasons of perpetual wheel-spinning. Miller and Gough were able to parachute out of that burning building, but that didn't stop the CW from continue to beat a dead horse.