"Someone to Watch Over Me"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by DS9, Apr 13, 2011.

1. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

This is one of my favorite episodes of Voyager. The plot of this episode is interesting and I think is written very well. The whole idea of The Doctor teaching Seven of Nine how to date and how at the end The Doctor is the one that ends up not knowing how to talk to women because he is shy makes for a good twist at the end. It is in my opinion one of Voyager's best. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

2. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    the episode is good, and makes me think what a good idea a Seven/Holodoc relationship would've been, as opposed to the out of nowhere, no rhyme or reason to it, Chakotay/Seven thing they ended up going for.

Picardo and Ryan are great as always.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It is a nice ep. It has some very funny and cute moments. It is actually kinda sad...as you said The Doctor is teaching Seven about dating and he can't express his feelings toward Seven at the end. It is a tough place for the Doctor to be in...I also wonder would he be mentoring Seven if he was flesh & blood...and how that would affect the relationship. Over time the crew has seen him as a person...but there is still some prejudices there...we see with Tom. The whole story of Neelix & the alien Ambassador kinda gets lost in the shuffle.

4. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A great episode, as most of the Doctor episodes are. The Doctor / Seven dynamic works well.

5. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I absolutely loved this episode. There's some fun comic moments, but Picardo and Ryan deliver the drama quite well.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I do think it was nice of Seven to present The Doc with a gift just before he was ready to poor his heart out to her. :)

7. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This episode really was a nice surprise. Voyager had a pretty decent fifth season, but this was probably my favorite one of that year.

"You look beautiful tonight."
    "Thank you, you look beautiful as well."

:lol:

8. henbane

henbane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A great bittersweet episode - Jeri Ryan and Bob Picardo at their best. This episode has great chemistry and tension (way better than any other match-up in the series).

9. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Only Mike Wong of Stardestroyer.Net fame seems to be the only person I know about who genuinely dislikes this episode.

Me? I love it!

10. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved Scott Thompson as the Monk.

"Seven of Mine. Assimilate me. Pleeeeeeeeese.":lol:

11. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm amazed that anyone could dislike this episode.

12. jmc247

jmc247 Vice Admiral Admiral

It was that dynamic that drew me back to the show after losing interest in the second season.

In some ways both characters were in many ways emotionally damaged/stunted (with IQs well the hell off the charts), but we saw them grow together and help each other to develop as more then what they were to start off with.

[​IMG]

A great dynamic that made the show for me in seasons 4 thru to the middle of season 7. But, they really took a sledgehammer to their relationship and I am not just talking romanically, by having him confess his love for her in the second to last episode and her response to him was to hop in the sack with Chuckles the next episode.

Endshame really poisons my view on Voyager looking back, it even poisons my viewing of great eps like Someone to Watch Over Me.

13. FalsePriest

FalsePriest Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This episode is also one of my favorites. :) It's the kind of good episode that is even better because its so laid back and doesn't try to be so good...

14. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's a good ep, but it always irked me that "white human male" was the only consideration for her, IIRC. Like there weren't even other possibilities to consider.

15. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I've never really been a fan of this one, it was the Voyager Romantic Comedy and was too corny for me. I mean, lets make a bet on Seven's love life, how could that possibly go wrong for the Doctor? One of starfleets finest crews, trapped in a high school prank. Always thought this one was massively overrated.

16. janeway59

janeway59 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Loved this episode, thought it was corny but it worked because the Doctor and Seven worked so very well together. Plus they looked as though they had a lot of fun with it.

17. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

I just finished posting that this was my favorite Voyager episode, then I see this thread! I love this episode. It worked perfectly, and the Doctor and Seven had great chemistry. I wish they had ended up together.