Knight Rider - 1x13: Exit Light, Enter Knight - Discussion and Spoiler

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Jan 28, 2009.

1. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Knight Rider - 1x13: Exit Light, Enter Knight - Discussion and Spo

Hopefully this is a good sign, and if the remaining shows are this solid, then the series gets picked up. This really was how the show should have been rebooted.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Good to hear, hopefully they'll hold.

This episode was really good, an excellent for this paticular series thus-far. If it keeps this up and the ratings hold/go up it'll be good to see this version of the series picked up.

Should've been this from DAY ONE!

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I don't think this episode is any better than anything the show has done so far. For me, the real positive is that they didn't mess things up during the retool.

4. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it was a very good episode. And I don't think this show deserves all the shit it's getting from many people.
    Sure there have been some lame episodes and the KARR fight was pure crap but overall I've found it fun and entertaining.

I hope it's saved in the end.

Although I'm worried that part of this retool means no more hotties out of their clothes...Huuuuge mistake :p

5. drasche

drasche Captain Captain

Watched the episode, enjoyed it. If this is a taste of what's to be expected in the near future, then I say go for it. I will vote excellent on this one. It was nice to see KITT taking initiatives and become a true and independent character.

Funny, I am almost hoping they will never use those transformations again.

I'll still miss Grayman though :(

6. votd

votd Commander Red Shirt

I thought this weeks ep was 100% better than what's come previously; though I was taken out of the action slighly by the 'subtle' ads for Gateway PCs running Vista - both in the KITT Cave and the bank - they obviously worked from an advertising pov.

7. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah it was pretty good, considering my NBC analog feed is crapola, I had to literally hold my antenna while I watched the grainy, staticy mess of a picture and it still had me intriqued enough to look forward to watching it on Hulu.com. It reminded me a lot of an old KR episode, but with a more modern way of handling it. In the 80s the bank robbers would be guys in cheesy masks, with magnums and maaaybe a guy with an uzi and a guy with a shot gun. Mike would just run and dodge the gun fire and tackle a guy or give him the 'Kirk spin kick'

I really didn't get into this show until only past few episodes. Although... I am in love with Smith Cho. I used to lament that this show didn't really have a good 'Bonnie'. Sarah's sorta kinda that but not quite. But Smith... she's so fraking hot to me. And yes, I would endure the accidental drooling and swats from her just to get that close to her on a couch. LOL That other geek.. is officially the man.

Course Mike did lay Sarah the episode prior but then we all saw that one coming.

Best line of the episode

Zoe: She's a girl, of course she can keep secrets!

8. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They were cutting salary and Bruce I imagine commanded by far the largest paycheck. Besides, if there is a season two, it would open up the door for another actor under contract by NBC to take up the Devon type role.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Normally when people say "This how this show should have been from the beginning!" I tend to think its not always that easy. New shows have to experiment to see what works. But in this case I agree!!!!

This was not really a new show. At first they did everything they could go against the simple concept of the original and it backfired. Too many characters and grade z spy plots. On top of which they should have learned more from the tv movie. Interviews from the new showrunner seemed to show he had. But the actual episodes did reflect his ideas. I assume there was network interference.

Hopefully this show will continue. Nothing wrong with a fun action show. This episode was just that.

10. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

This was probably the best episode of the series this season. If they are able to keep it up bring on season 2. :techman:

It gets an excellent from me.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

NBC have considered a 2nd season at the least because there was some news that NBC want to get rid of Gary Scott and bring in a new head guy...So if they fire Gary then it might be good news for KR.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So who do we have who could run Knight Rider?

David E. Kelley?

KITT: We need to stop the Republicans now. Voting Democrat unconditionally is the only way to save our country.

MICHAEL: I'm on it KITT. Billy, I need you to... who are you? You're not Billy.

ROY: I'm Roy, played by George Wendt. I'm taking over for Billy since David E. Kelley decided he didn't want to write for him anymore. If I'm lucky, I won't be replaced halfway through the season. Now lets get these Republicans.

John Wells?

A helicopter cuts off Billy's hand. Then another one crashes down on him and kills him. In the meantime, someone Michael pissed off is coming at them with a tank.

Jerry Bruckheimer?

SARAH: I've analyzed the mystery substance we found at the crime scene. It's a seed that comes from a rare plant from Canada called Solanum dulcamara, and it only sprouts seeds during the autumn. I went to the rare Canadian plant database and cross referenced it with all Californians who were in Canada during the fall and came up with two possible suspects.

Rick Berman?

MICHAEL: KITT, I need you to recalibrate the transinversive beacon to emit a pulse into the singularity! If we can reverse the effects of the anti-time, we can prevent this whole thing from happening!

13. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Much better now then the crapfest it was before.

:techman:

I may even watch it next week...

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It's on right now :D