NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be rooting for Seattle in the NFC. I really don't care who wins in the AFC.

2. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

At the beginning of the season, these were exactly the matchups I expected for the NFC and AFC championship games. That never happens. There's usually some dark horse that shocks everybody. With my luck, though, it'll probably be the teams I'm not expecting to win on Sunday that will meet in Super Bowl XLVIII. I hope I'm wrong about that.

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The one time the Lions have the best head coaching job vacancy in the NFL ... and they hire Jim Caldwell. Holy mother of God, I'm so sorry to any Lions fans we have here.

But it's still hilarious. :lol:

At least Baltimore can hopefully hire someone remotely competent, after the shitstorm that was Cam Cameron and Caldwell.

4. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Could be worse...we could still have Schwartz.

5. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least Schwartz was entertaining in a trainwreck sort of way. Caldwell is a boring loser.

6. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

@AliciaD496: It's amazing, isn't it? And it's a heck of a lot of fun. If we make to the Super Bowl and win... do you think people would riot like they do in other cities?

7. Timby

Yeah, and I get that, but I don't think Caldwell or Whisenhunt (who was the Lions' first choice) was worth firing Schwartz over, as they're both bland retreads (and Whisenhunt at least had Kurt Warner for a couple of years). The pool of genuinely good candidates was very small this year, with Lovie clearly at the top, then a wide gulf of nothing before getting to second-tier candidates like Bill O'Brien and Mike Zimmer.

In terms of a year to fire a coach and get a replacement who will turn your team around -- and you could make a very good argument that the Lions desperately need a coach who isn't afraid to whip ass, given Stafford having his head pretty far up his ass -- this was not a good year for that.

8. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Rooting for the Pats, all the way :)

9. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

May they never, ever reach the Super Bowl again.

...I should be so lucky.

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go 49ers and Go Denver. Payton Manning, Colin Kaepernick, an all Western Super Bowl set in New York, I can't ask for anything better than that. It's going to be hard though considering Seattle and that noise. Should be a closer game than the previous one in Seattle though.

11. Peach Wookiee

Go Hawks. :) It's crazy here in a good way. I know some people think our fandom is annoying, but that's probably because we've only made it to the big show once. Please understand, San Francisco, we're excited here because this may be the year we actually make it. If the Hawks do it, it's still a fully Western Super Bowl if the Broncos bring down the Pats. Which I'd kind of like to see. :)

12. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh...what am I supposed to do between now and 2:15 Central tomorrow?

13. Peach Wookiee

I'd suggest buying treats or seeing a movie. I'm planning to do both.

14. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I went with calling my mom (an avid football fan) since yesterday was her birthday and chatting it up for a while, and then playing with the puppy.

It seemed to work. Now today is my birthday, and I'll be on the receiving end of the call. Then play with the puppy some more and watch some football. That an a ride to Dairy Queen down the street to get some ice cream cake for myself, which will either serve as a celebration or a drowning of my sorrows.

15. Legate Dukat

Legate Dukat Cadet Newbie

Anyone watching the AFC/NFC games today?

I'm going for the Broncos and Seahawks. Hoping Manning goes all the way.

16. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Nope, you're the only one. ;)

Me too. Looking good for the Broncos right now, but it can switch quickly.

17. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Suck it Hoodie!

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's some residual Broncos bitterness every time they cut to Elway's big ol' head. I probably dislike San Fran the most because well... Harbaugh. Still have a little bit of a grudge over the Fail Mary, so I guess we've now clinched a Super Bowl outcome that I won't be particularly happy about. Order of preference is probably Broncos, then Seahawks, Al Qaeda, and finally San Fran.

I do actually really like Kaepernick, though he seems to rub lots of fellow Packers fans the wrong way.

19. Timby

Yeah, I have something to dislike about all four teams in the championship games, but Denver's the least objectionable (Elway is still a fucking tool) just by virtue of Manning the Greater being on the roster. Rooting for the Patriots = "Hail Satan," Harbaugh is a chode and I swear to God Seattle's fans (the ones I know in-person, that is) make me want to go on a shooting rampage.

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

New England looked pretty inept for most of the game, which speaks to how good the Broncos really are.

Should be a hell of a Super bowl, no matter who wins the NFC.

:techman:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.