Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't "Community" originally billed and marketed as Chevy's show in the first place? That is how I first knew about it two years ago but never bothered to watch it.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Okay, I finally got around to finishing the season on Hulu! That was an amazing closing two parter. I didn't mind that they just repeated "Modern Warfare" again at all. It was epic.

Too bad Sawyer wasn't in part two. It was so cool to see him on Community! Bring him back!

I would not mind at all if Chevy Chase left the show. He just became an unbearable asshole in the second half of this season.

3. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

EDIT: Okay, that was weird. Sorry.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  4. Admiral_Young

Here are the highlights from the "Community" SDCC panel. Looks like we're in store for some big things in season three including a final resolution to Jeff and Britta as McHale said. If anyone finds video from youtube, feel free to post.

http://collider.com/community-comic-con/104639/

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

6. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Are you getting the above from this? Which was basically a non-answer, if you watch the video.

Anyway, I think anyone who invests too much in any of the little 'ships, or looks for "final resolutions" to things in this show is likely to be disappointed, based on how badly Dan Harmon seems to recoil whenever asked about "resolving" them, or pretty much anything else. In fact, he seems increasingly frustrated with the focus of the fanbase being on tying things like that up in a neat little bow, because he's trying to create a show peopled by rich, lifelike characters and clear-cut resolutions run contrary to how life really plays out. E.g:

Source (some spoilers).

Which, frankly, is one of the things I really like about the show - that it doesn't play to people's narrative expectations and defies traditionally simplistic sitcom storytelling.

7. Admiral_Young

As I've said earlier in the thread, I wouldn't consider myself to be a hardcore shipper but the Jeff/Britta/Annie triangle introduced in the first season finale is the very thing that hooked me on the show. I understand that it is a trope they're playing around with and messing with fans. I'm not sure why I'm being so anal about it. Just used to these things being dealt with on other shows I assume. Gotta get rid of that mentality when it comes to "Community" I suppose :)

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The only ship that matters is Abed/Troy! :p

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Annie graduated from High School not too long ago right? Like 2 years at the most?

10. Admiral_Young

I believe so yes. She and Troy went to the same high school but he was a senior. They've both celebrated two birthdays on the show (i think one off camera).

11. Admiral_Young

12. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After the season finale, there is a part of me that very much wants more Annie/Abed instead of Annie/Jeff.

13. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed that was a fun twist! It is also interesting since there had been rumours that Danny and Alison had been or are dating in real life.

14. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  15. Admiral_Young

^ I did say they were rumours. Didn't say they were fact :) LOL.

16. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And, of course, married actors never, ever, have affairs with their co-stars. ;)

17. Admiral_Young

18. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am wondering if there going to have abed plug death valley or any of the movies over the summer. and how long will it take him to do so.

19. Admiral_Young

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  20. Admiral_Young

Just saw the promo advertising John Goodman! I forgot he was going to be on!