Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Danlav05, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

It would be interesting, be it in a cameo in a future movies (as rumoured) or comics/novels to see the Nimoy version once more.

There was a novel of the character living life in the new timeline, but sadly it was cancelled before publication. If Ongoing could do a story of Spock's new life on the Vulcan colony. Even with new Spock there's going to be the whole issue of Vulcan's absence.

I admit I did enjoy Abrams' movie and still do now, and look forward to Into Darkness.

Going a step further, would it be possible for him to return to his own timeline? I read somewhere it was mooted for Star Trek Online.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

If Spock can come back from the dead, then anything's possible.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Old Spock is mentioned in the opening of Star Trek Ongoing #15. 7-page preview here: http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/20/che...erse-in-7-page-preview-of-star-trek-comic-15/
    Scotty mentions that he's "hiding behind some silly non-interference nonsense"

New Vulcan features heavily in the forthcoming Trek videogame, set between STXI and Into Darkness. It comes under Gorn attack. Maybe Nimoy will contribute a voiceover to the game?

He'll almost certainly return in the prime universe novels (the present of which is 2384), after having featured heavily in Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of Empire and a little in Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night which seemed to set up something (most likely a role in the forthcoming 5-book series The Fall)

I'm still hopeful that Greg Cox's The Hazard of Concealing (the post-STXI novel featuring Spock Prime) will one day see the light of day, although I suspect it won't be until JJ Abrams film trilogy is complete and he moves on.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In comics and books, definitely. In another movie--magic eight ball says unlikely.

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

In books and comics - very likely. Spocks 'katra' would be prized amongst surviving Vulcans as holding much lost knowledge about their lost home. He'd be a major celebrity !

In the films ? Nimoy was asked to guest in the new film, so who knows...

6. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Indeed, it's still pre-Countdown in the novels.

I hope so too, it sounds like that 4book series was being written, it would be a shame to waste all that effort.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a rumour that Nimoy was going to be in Darkness, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Spock Prime already had a cameo in IDW's ongoing series, although it was in a flashback to the Delta Vega scene in Trek XI. The very same story also said that Spock Prime refuses to allow his knowledge of the future to solve any problems that might pop up.

As for novels, we'll have to wait for Bad Robot to lift their ban on novelsset in the Abramsverse before we can discuss the likelihood of anything happening there.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  8. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is nothing in-universe stopping him from returning. However, whether the film PTB (Abrams, for now) and Nimoy would ever be onboard together for Nimoy's return to the film is doubtful in my opinion. But, yeah -- books and comics? Why not?

Although, who knows? -- Maybe in 40 years, Zach Quinto will agree to play Spock prime opposite some yet-to-be-born young actor playing Spock in some future re-boot of the film series.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What is the status of this rumor now?

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Well, first there was this, and then a few days later there was this. I'm not sure I recall hearing anything more after that, so I'm tempted to call that rumor dead (if indeed there was ever anything to it in the first place.)

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OH thanks I missed the tweet part!

Of course if he does appear JJ may well be keeping it a deep secret.