Trekabout, a new Star Trek podcast!

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Tracer Bullet, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, I wasn't sure where podcasts would fit in...

I've started a new Star Trek podcast. I'm a big Trekkie. My cohost is not. We've started at the beginning: "The Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and will work our way through the entirety of the franchise. Will he become a Star Trek fan? What does he think of the franchise?

It's a crazy project. Give it a listen and if you like it, I hope you'll subscribe.

http://wp.me/p2idsL-7H

[​IMG]

2. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I enjoyed it. You guys are fun to listen to.

With the exception that you're full of shit! "Where No Man Has Gone Before" is a great episode!

Other than that, good times. Can't wait for next week (so I can tell you how wrong you are about "The Man Trap" and "Charlie X" ;)).

3. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I think you guys confused the gender politics of the time of The Cage with Roddenberry's own ideas about women. Not all TV shows of the period portrayed competent women as non-feminine.

And, seriously, you blow off Where No Man Has Gone Before? This at least merited some discussion about Shatner's first appearance as Kirk and the first appearance of Spock as the logical one.

4. Tracer Bullet

Thanks!

I can't wait to see the reaction my cohost (the Trek virgin) gets to a particular fan favorite...

5. Tracer Bullet

That is a definite possibility. Do you have any specific shows or characters in mind?

I thought we did talk about that? Well, it's been a while, and I'm fairly certain we do talk about it at some point.

Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it!

6. Tracer Bullet

7. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Darn... I see I'll have to wait for the episods in "Order"...for the "Corbermite Manuver" and "Balance of Terror"...
    Thanks for doing this...

8. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Enjoyed the uncomfortable nature about the creature that needed salt "You can get a blowjob and a handjob at the same time".

I do like how you guys do not censor yourselves.

9. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

With all the different official franchises and the movies, I guess it will take a while to start taking on fan productions....

10. Tracer Bullet

11. Tracer Bullet

It's been a while! We've just released our first Animated Series podcast, and if, like me, you've never seen much of it, you're in for a treat. Trekabout would be a great way to get some context and analysis along with your viewing of The Animated Series. Plus, we have a complete run of Original Series podcasts for you to enjoy.

Trekabout is a weekly podcast where a persuasive Trekkie somehow convinces a series virgin to go on a seven-year-mission to watch every episode of every Star Trek series. Can someone fall in love with The Original Series 45 years after airing? Is there a worse episode than “The Alternative Factor”? How creepy is Chekov? The answers to these questions and more can be found every Thursday.

If you've never listened to the show before, now is a great time to start. We lean more towards cultural and textual analysis of the episodes more than pedantic Trekkie nonsense, although there's some of that, too, because I'm a huge nerd. The pairing of non-Trekkie/Trekkie has never been attempted before to my knowledge, and I think it's really fascinating (pun intended) to see the non-Trekkie reactions spin out in almost real time.

I hope you check it out, and if you like it, subscribe and rate the show on iTunes.

Some episodes to try:

http://smallbatch.fm/trekabout-episo...ns-are-boring/

http://smallbatch.fm/trekabout-episode-20-nora-ephron/

http://smallbatch.fm/trekabout-episo...ious-about-it/

http://smallbatch.fm/trekabout-episode-38-kissy-stuff/

12. Jadin

Jadin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Episode 32! Great podcast.

13. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

14. Tracer Bullet

Thanks! I really appreciate it, and I hope you keep listening.

15. Tracer Bullet

Oh awesome, thanks! I'm glad you like the show that much.