What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I don't play enough games that buying a brand new computer would be a reasonable investment.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Makes sense, my PC is also a bit on the older side.
    I do all my gaming on my PS3.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't play video games at all frequently these days, but I did pick up Sleeping Dogs on sale a few weeks ago.

Man, I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a decade or longer. It's as funny and quietly subversive as Vice City or Anachronox from that era. I think it's the characters and storyline that make the difference for me. I haven't finished it yet (I'm really slow at playing through games), but did anyone else play it?

On another note, do any of you watch video games as (and I hate the word) eSports? I find myself tuning into a few Starcraft 2 tournaments here and there.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I loved Sleeping Dogs, such a fun game.

And nope, I don't watch any eSports.

As for what I'm playing, I'm still working on the Borderlands 2 platinum trophy... I just can't find Jimmy Fucking Jenkins.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoy watching StarCraft 2 quite a bit. I even went to the NASL finals in Toronto a few months ago to see it live. I find myself watching the game even more than I play it these days.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool!

Yeah, I don't play it at all (only ever did for a short while) but enjoy watching it a lot. It's one of those games where the fun strategic elements only really emerge when players have superb core mechanics & basic macro, such that the strategy & micro can come into play. I'm simply not good enough at the basics - and not willing to put in the time to get good enough - to get up to even a moderately decent level of play. I'm a much more casual type of game player, and tend to prefer playing games that make me laugh.

Re: NASL Toronto; IIRC, that was the tournament where Stephano kicked playboy model Lauren Elise in the face during his victory dance. :lol:

WCS finals this week should be decent, but Dreamhack Winter will probably be more fun, I think. Some of the groups are nuts. :D

I wish Blizzard (or someone independent) would put together a proper World Starcraft Pro Tour, the way the ATP or PGA do for tennis or golf. All the separate organisations would still exist but would be part of a wider, more meaningful series of tournaments. That would really raise the profile of the game and create more of an ongoing storyline to each year with the associated hype and interest.

7. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've only got one more Achievement for Borderlands 2 and that's getting all the Pirate side missions, which is a huge pain since none of my weapons do crap against Master Gee the Invincible :mad:

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing my first Xbox shooter- Black Ops 2. Doing better than I expected to, but I still prefer/ miss using a mouse and keyboard for that sort of thing. So much more precision.

9. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Can you put up SW or Trek vinyls on any of the cars in the NFS franchise?

[​IMG]

Cade Skywalker would look awesome on my car, so would the newest Enterprise or the Kelvin.

10. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing Black Ops 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U

The former makes me want to bite and/or throw peripherals in frustation. The latter puts a dopey grin on my face and helps me relax.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Dishonored on Saturday and I'm really enjoying it.

I honestly don't know if any of the NFS games allow for custom art. Though I'm sure you could mod one of the games on PC.

12. AlDaja

AlDaja Ensign Newbie

Retroing it, dug my old SFC III game out and decided to mod around the Typhon Pact universe.

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    Forget Sid Meiers, this is the real Civilization.

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Growlanser IV: The Wayfarer Of Time
    The Last Story
    Assassin's Creed 3
    Persona 4 Arena
    Mass Effect (All 3 games replay -- renegade, femshep Garrus romance game)
    Mario Kart 7

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I played the last episode of The Walking Dead last night. And I'm still playing Dishonored.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I picked that game up too about a month ago. If felt so strange buying a game for the PSP; I had almost forgotten that I owned the thing.

17. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Assasins Creed 3
    Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
    Sleeping Dogs
    Waking Mars

18. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Black Ops 2 - I don't say this lightly, and I hate to say it at all as I loved the original BlOps - but BlOps2 is probably the worst FPS I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

I honestly can't understand how they've managed to make a game not only worse than MW3, but THIS much worse.

After MW3 I seriously contemplated NOT getting it, but caved based on the strength of the original BlOps game. Sadly, this is nothing like that, and far more like the other Treyarch games, simply dreadful.

Spawning - awful. I've lost count of the number of times where I've spawned next to exploding cars, into the middle of airstrikes, into direct enemy fire. There's no spawn protection whatsoever.

Head-glitching - How is this still in the game? A constant criticism of MW3, and it's STILL there in BlOps2 - do you NOT listen to feedback at all? Worse still, when I manage to hit them in the head (it must be the head as it's the only part of them showing), I get multiple hit markers! WTF?! How are you NOT dead?

Quickscoping - Another constant complaint. How do Treyarch respond? By making it even easier to do. Genius.

Maps - They're all near enough the same size, where's the variety? No large maps, the only tiny map is a revamped BlOps1 map.

Lag comp - Yet another complaint about MW3, and if anything it's now worse. Playing the game on a fibre connection - might as well not even bother. See opponent first, fire first, dead first. Absolute b0ll0cks.

Hit detection - You can see how poor this is in the killcams. If you hipfire, close misses randomly register as hits. The worst one I saw though was someone's final kill killcam, where the bullet actually hit the rifle butt of his secondary weapon that was on his back. Somehow, hitting that killed him. Seriously you couldn't make this sh*t up.

I'm now back on BlOps1.

19. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

I finished Uncharted Golden Abyss a while back. Really fun! The controls were a little hard to get used to at first, but as, I progressed I got used to them and ended up loving the game.

Others I'm playing:
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

20. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I become a member of a site where I can rent video games after my experience with Halo 4.

The first game I played was the latest Black Ops. The levels are short, and barely register. The strike force mission I played - defend a site in India - was an abject failure. I like the graphics, but if I can't play a game successfully because of design flaws, than the graphics aren't really that important, are they? I, also, didn't like the feeling that I was being railroaded into decisions and actions I would consider lacking in common sense and that exemplify why my character is a prime candidate for the Darwin award. For instance, what idiot would run a horse at full speed into the path of a tank?

I have lined up XCOM, Far Cry 3, and the complete Walking Dead video game. These games are highly rated, and there does seem to be some freedom given to the player to decide how they will play.