I really Like "Carbon Creek"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mike Have-Not, Feb 5, 2011.

1. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

I generally dislike ENT, but Carbon Creek is one of my all-time fav Trek episodes from any series. The story was warm and human and you really got to care about the characters by the end. Wonderfully written.

2. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? One of my favs from SNW! Stuck with me long after I finished it! Good job! I was going to mention it here until I got to the reference!

Agreed. And, FYI, I have spelling issues. ;)

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Fun and heart warming episode. I liked the evolution of T'Mir and Mestrals character and the impact the humans had on them. ( and they on them).

4. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Love the characters and story in CC; music is cool, too.

5. Mike Have-Not

Mike Have-Not Captain Captain

SF Bay Area, North American Continent, Earth, Sol
    Interesting, as that pretty much sums up my feelings, too. :bolian:

6. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks! Glad to hear someone enjoyed it. :) It was fun to write.

As for the episode itself... honestly I didn't care for it. It seemed silly and ultimately kind of pointless (I felt that way about many season 2 episodes of 'Enterprise'). I guess (obviously) I ended up more interested in what happened after the episode ended than in the episode itself.

7. el Chalupacabra

el Chalupacabra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Carbon Creek was my favorite non-arc "stand alone" episode of Enterprise.

8. EnsignAmy

EnsignAmy Captain Captain

I really enjoyed this one as well - a nice change of pace compared to the typical Trek episode. Although I have to admit rolling my eyes when they showed the purse at the end - did they really need to hit us over the head with it?

9. CaptMurdock

CaptMurdock Commodore Commodore

The future birthplace of Capt. Christopher Pike
    A fun little episode, light and frothy. :)

It might be nice to see what Mestral encountered in the next hundred years...Woodstock, Watergate, the internet...

10. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

My favorite episode of the series, and probably in my top five of all Trek. Great story, compelling characters!

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Me too. Froth but fun. With so many unresolved implications....

12. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Not my most favorite episode, but not my least either. I'd say it's a middle of the road type of show.

13. Volkanismo

Volkanismo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

"Carbok Creek" was a fine episode that added some flavour to the monotonity of Enterprise's voyage. It was well done, and I could see more of this approach in the series. Albeit North Star, another take on the subject, was poorly executed and tedious to watch.

14. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

"Carbon Creek" is my favorite episode of Enterprise. If only the rest of the series lived up to the possibility of "Carbon Creek".

15. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked it, but I can't really think of a solution to the Pon Far problem. If Mestral stayed on earth, he could never go back to vulcan to mate. Doesn't that mean he would die? Keep in mind I haven't watched Voyager, and I know Tuvok is in that, so they probably came up with some new rules or something, since he obviously cant go to vulcan, but I'm unaware of them.

You would think Spock would have been aware of any other solutions, though....

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's not my favorite episode, but I did enjoy it. Mestral was an interesting character. I agree, though, that they really didn't need to include the ending with T'Pol taking out T'Mir's handbag. That was a little too on the nose, though quite typical for the stuck-in-a-rut writing that typified ENT in its first two seasons.

I love the blooper scene with Bakula, Blalock and Trinneer all playing their characters as if they were drunk. :lol:

17. LuckyCharms

LuckyCharms Ensign Newbie

Carbon Creek is my favorite Enterprise episode. I like the scenario of T'Pol telling a story to the boys. I actually liked her pulling out the purse at the end, but then I tend to like the subtlety of a hammer.

I too would love to see a really good novel detailing Mestral's adventures on Earth and how he coped. I love fish out of water stories.

18. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

After Fusion hinted at T'Pol's interest in humankind Carbon Creek gave a potential reason for it. Like many themes in ENT this is fairly subtle so many people missed it.

19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm truly amazed at all the people proclaiming this entirely average ep to be their favorite. Goofy yet memorable eps like "Twilight" or "The Catwalk" I could understand, but this? :confused:

20. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

This guy drives down the highway and the voice on the radio says to be careful out there as somebody is driving on the wrong side of the road.
    The man shakes his head in disbelief and says: Somebody? There must be thousands.