Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lizzy Caplan?

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Lois Lane shouldn't be a mouthbreather.

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

That's my pick!

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I really don't see Lizzy as Lois...I really like her though.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Very pretty. :)

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The experiment with Returns should tell us, the studio and others that while the Donner films are now nostalgic it's time to move on.

I firmly believe this film should be as clean a break from Donner/Singer as Batman Begins was with Burton/Schumacher(sp)

I have no issue with Jessica Biel. She can play quite fiesty at times. She took no slack in the A-Team movie this summer. Also, enough with Kristen Stewart as Lois. She has the same baby face issues that plauged Kate Bosworth. She just doesn't have that seasoned reporter look.

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Jessica Biel as an actress. I just don't think she's right for Lois.

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Biel's not amongst my top picks for the role, but I'd have an open mind if she got the part.

11. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Too bad Marvel snatched Rose Bryne for X-Men: First Class. I always thought she would make for a great Lois. What about Emmy Rossum?

12. Admiral_Young

Rose Bryne would be great. Emmy Rossum too.

13. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd prefer Olivia Wilde in the part to Emmy Rossum (plus Rossum has a TV schedule to take into consideration).

Edit to add: although I see Wilde is still in House (I don't watch the show and thought she had left given how much film work she's been doing). Of course TV schedules can sometimes work out depending when a film is shot.

14. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd choose Emmy Rossum or Jessica Biel.

15. Admiral_Young

@Out of My Vulcan Mind...these are just personal suggestions, re: Rose Bryne, Emmy Rossum, and Oliva Wilde. They're not in official or even rumored contention.

Surprised no one has really addressed Dianna Agron. I believe she was in contention or at least rumored for the Gwen Stacy role in "Spider-Man" as well. I know she's one of the stars in "Glee". She's also in the upcoming "I Am Number Four" (which looks horrid). She looks like she could be Lois but I'm not familiar with her work. She's the only one out of the others who I don't know. Malin Ackerman...she doesn't strike me as being a good actress but she's obviously worked with Zack before so who knows.

16. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I'm pro Kristen Bell. I absolutely love her in everything. I think this would be a great "breakout" role for her. She has a lot of personality and that's what I think of when I think of Lois.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I think she could get the character nailed personality and delivery-wise. Someone with photoshop skills, wanna darken her hair appropriately on a pic showing a "Lois-like Pose" ?

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Wilde (and her character) took a leave from the series to accommodate her movie commitments. She's been temporarily replaced by Amber Tamblyn, but she's still listed as a regular.

19. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Yeah, while she might not be the case of walking right off the page like I felt Routh was with Superman or Patrick Stewart was with Professor X, but A) I think she can pull off the part magnificently and B) I feel that Lois is an every woman type character. Looks don't exactly matter with her.

20. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if director Snyder will be a traditionalist when it comes to Superman's costume. There's always pressure from somewhere to "modernize" the outfit.