Star trek: Continues Fan Series

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Capt_Pickirk, Jan 24, 2013.

1. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed the episode, but I have to agree that STC really seems to be pushing the hard sell.

Given that it has to be a non-profit fan production I don't see what they can be selling, but they sure act like a high-pressure sales team. I just hope their tactics don't lead to a crackdown.

2. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    In what way are they selling?

I saw it on Youtube - didn't cost me a thing!

3. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

You're right; they aren't selling anything. However, they seem to be acting like salespeople, which brings up the question of why?

Why are they aggressively pushing good reviews and publicity, while sometimes appearing to disparage the rest of the fan film community?

Those are the kinds of things sales teams usually do. But if you're not selling, why act that way?

People don't understand some of their behavior, so they're trying to figure it out.

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Maybe the better term is "aggressively promoting".

5. TrekGirl

TrekGirl Ensign Red Shirt

I thought maybe that they are just trying to keep people's interest until they can get another episode out. Fanning the flames, so to speak.

6. Maurice

Beats flaming the fans. ;)

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the first STC episode, "Pilgrim Of Eternity." They recently announced the title of their next episode called "A Lesson In Peace." I don't know if that's a working title or the actual one.

The first episode wasn't perfect, but nothing ever is. Mignona really impressed me overall as Kirk, but I'd rather see Kirk more as he was in 1st and 2nd season, but I understand making him more like 3rd season so as to maintain that sense of continuity and picking up where TOS left off.

I've watched the episode a number of times and noticed other things that slipped by me before and most of that is in a good way. The casting might be a bit hit-and-miss, but they might gel more with each production.

I loved hearing the TOS music again. And I LOVED Doug Drexler's Enterprise model. For me he far surpassed CBS' efforts in TOS-R.

I'm looking forward to the next production. I just wish I could think of a way to contribute besides a donation of support.

8. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Well, on that topic, Vic Mignogna has been talking to people who worked on STC and who are set to work on Star Trek: Axanar and telling them not to work for me. He has been lying as he always does, making up stuff, and those people, since they know me, have all told me what is up.

Vic burned EVERYONE at Star Trek Phase II and Starship Ajax. His reputation is not very good.

Alec

9. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    I'll second all that Alec.

10. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And I can third that. AJAX got SCREWED.Best Wishes to Vic's partners at Farragut, no offense to them at all...but hey, truth to power, man.

11. Maurice

Here we go again...

12. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

I'm on this, Maurice, to keep this thread from becoming all about the frigging behind-the-scenes drama.

I would be grateful if posters would "not go there." (There are better places to go.)

13. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

They had a story contest and announced the winner with the title of the winning story called "A Lesson In Peace." Now I'm curious as to what the story might be about and if we'll get fed any tidbits.

"A Lesson In Peace" suggests a story of conflict. Klingons or Romulans or something else perhaps?

Doug Drexler did an admirable job with rendering the Enterprise. I'd love to see what he'd do with a Klingon or Romulan ship or even a shuttlecraft. But that's just cosmetic (though still nice to see). I'm really curious as to what will be in the next episode.

14. BrentMc

BrentMc Commander Red Shirt

One of the things that bothers me about Star Trek are the stories about the actors not getting along. I think making a fan-film should be fun. I would like to watch a fan film made by people who had fun and enjoyed working together. Any suggestions?

15. Shane Houston

Shane Houston Commander Red Shirt

Definitely. Star Trek: Intrepid. Not only does it look like they have fun but they have a love for Trek for Trek's sake, not for attention or glory. Their last episode had a special guest character we all know and love.

16. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

I would also say that Phase II is a production of great people, who, for 10 years, have had fun making great fan films. The fact that many of the Starship Ajax crew has come over and helped out on the last production, and that James Cawley has opened his doors to Star Trek: Axanar shows that fan productions can get along with each other.

In fact, having also worked with Craig from Star Trek: Secret Voyage, and being friends with John Broughton at Starship Farragut, who has helped me as we work through costuming on Axanar, I think that is the norm in Fan Films.

We all are part of this Facebook group.

And frankly, when someone points out someone who is attacking a fellow production, we shouldn't be killing the messenger. Maybe the displeasure should be placed where it belongs.

Alec

17. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I'd like to say the cast and crew of Project: Potemkin get along fabulously, not only with ourselves, but with other productions. Our 36-hour production, S02-J "Closing Time" featured cast and crew from Potemkin, Star Trek: Reliant, Star Trek: Valkyrie, Starship Farragut, even Brian Holloway from Phase II. Everyone had a great time, and that's the way it should be.

18. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Saw Continues and Phase II together today. Phase II wasn't my thing. Loved Continues, though. How in the heck did they get Michael Forest to reprise his role?! That's amazing!

19. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Alec, is that a private Facebook group? The link doesn't seem to be working.

20. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

The "Star Trek Fan Film Productions Group" is a "Closed Group." It was started about eight months ago. There are currently 120 members. It's simple to ask to join the group.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/506785836011405