What Treks do you like? The ultimate Trek popularity contest!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by F. King Daniel, Apr 11, 2013.

?

Which Treks do you like? tick all that apply

1. The Original Series

59 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. The Animated Series

29 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. The Next Generation

54 vote(s)
    74.0%
  4. Deep Space Nine

56 vote(s)
    76.7%
  5. Voyager

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  6. Enterprise

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  7. The TOS movies (I-VI)

59 vote(s)
    80.8%
  8. The TNG movies (VII-X)

31 vote(s)
    42.5%
  9. The Reboot movies (Star Trek + Into Darkness)

37 vote(s)
    50.7%
  10. Trek novels (any series)

33 vote(s)
    45.2%
  11. Trek comics (any series)

16 vote(s)
    21.9%
  12. Reference books/Technical manuals

29 vote(s)
    39.7%
  13. Games

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  14. Fan Fiction

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  15. Fan Films

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  16. Other (please specify)

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EnsignRedshirt

EnsignRedshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

All the series and the films with the exception of the Abramsverse (I'm trying to come around to them, but I just don't dig them all that much--hopefully Into Darkness will be a pleasant surprise).

Haven't read many novels or reference books since I was a teen, but I always enjoyed them.

Some of the games have been absolute classics and I've enjoyed several that I've played.

2. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I've never read any of the novels or played the games, but I've seen every episode and movie at least twice. Voted for all the live-action stuff but the Abrams movies. I just can't get into them. ST09 reminded me of a comic book movie.

3. Lenny Nurdbol

Lenny Nurdbol Lieutenant Commander

But what do you have to pay for a fast internet connection to watch it on, much less a decent-sized screen...

4. Lenny Nurdbol

Lenny Nurdbol Lieutenant Commander

The newer, the worse... They all degenerate in time with spinoff series after spinoff series; each one Losing a certain element of writing, characterization, and taste in general... You can actually see it here in the poll results... TOS was the best, E the worst... TAS had better writing than Any episode of E...

The less said of Abrams' things, the better...

The novels have also degenerated to pale imitations of what they once were... The attitude: bigger is better, so they're padded-out with junk just to thicken them, "price" them up...

The less said about the Fall of Treknical books and blueprints the better... The people behind the "official" faire in the last decade simply Don't Get It... THEY JUST DON'T GET IT! Apparently they believe that any slick, glossy, multi-colored pretty drawing is passable... So long as it Looks Good at a glance, there's no need to put one quark of research into it... What we have now are Haynes jokes... There's this Enterprise Workshop Manual which recycles the barebones garbage which any fan knows, and to add further insult to it, I think it was page 7 which transformed me into a raging mugato and made me tear it out with my bare teeth... A certain suitable-for-framing signed photo... Hint: it was Not of Gene Roddenberry... It was followed up by a Klingon Bird of Prey book which just goes to show that They Can Make Up Any Specs They Want To...and to hell with, you know, the Original works which Defined certain parameters like size!

Then we have this thing I just spotted called The Visual Dictionary... I think it should have been named Star Trek For Dummies...

Bottom line: What sells these days are Pretty Pictures... You can write and research all you want but Pretty Pictures are what Rules! And yes that includes CGI...

The dumbing-down of Mankind... At this rate when the Kzinti invade in 36 years there'll be just one brief war and we'll all be meat for the blonde pussies... The consequences of a damanged timeline...