Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    They're split up because you can only spoiler code so many words.

They're spoiler coded because of the other poster who's much further behind Od0's progress.

Also, you make a compelling argument, Od0. I still loathe River of Souls, but you've made some good points.

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

That's one of the reasons I don't have an LJ account, and darned few of any other kind for that matter.

And a very considerate way to handle it, I might add.

3. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Last I checked "And hoo" was not a spoiler for ANYTHING. :lol:

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Yeah, well, I know who it is buggin' me on LiveJournal.

Never doin' it again, though.

:lol:

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, I watched Babylon 5: A Call to Arms last night, and didn't care for it at all. If its meant as a backdoor pilot for Crusade, I don't think I'll bother.

When the best thing I can say about the movie is that it was cool to see Tony Todd in an EarthForce uniform, there's something very wrong with the movie's plot, effects, characters & storyline.

6. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Crusade didn't have a pilot episode. The only characters who carry over from ACtA are Dureena and Galen...and the Excaliber.

I liked the movie all right but I didn't really care for the way Sheridan was portrayed. He seemed to have aged far too quickly.

Jan

7. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I love Crusade, so I think you should give it a shot :)

8. Neroon

It is very different in some respects from "Babylon 5", so I can understand your reluctance, Constable. However, consider that "Crusade" was only 13 episodes in length, so you won't be spending a tremendous amount of time with it. Besides, if you sat through all of the B5 movies, you can surely do the same with an aborted series.

9. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

Joining the conversation late, what's the take on Lost Tales. Just got the DVD's and was planning on seeing it. Will this cure my fix or leave me slightly disappointed like Legend of the Rangers did?

10. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Low budget is the main problem. Also, false advertising. Right now it's more of a double Lost Tale than a plural entity.

11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

If I can find a copy of the latest DVD at Blockbuster, I may rent it, but I don't want to buy it for more than I paid for the season sets (twenty bucks a box, versus the $22.99 price tag of The Lost Tales).

12. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Man, the Shadow War came and went like no ones business. I'm glad we're back to the Earth stuff though, I did like that a lot more than the Shadow War.

13. Phily B

lol @ the credits of ATONEMENT (pretty boring episode, saved by that).

Also, I think the funniest line so far came in RACING MARS when Sheridan and Lenny are in the lift

"Woohoo?"

14. Phily B

I'm just about to finish Season 4, and I think this would've been the perfect end to the series, as opposed to going onto Season 5, which I have yet to watch - not sure were they're going to go with it from there.

It was really really great towards the end, moved nice and fast, was really exciting - I think one of my problems has been that it's been a bit slow moving at times, and the shadow war had a lot of build up, but not much in terms of action. The Earth War has been fantastic though.

15. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Yeah, JMS apparently had the same problem.

Long story.

To use the Lord of the Rings analogy, now that the Scouring of the Shire is done, there's not much left to tell except the "where did they go from there" bits. In some ways season 5 covers that. It's 22 episodes with maybe only 15 episodes worth of story, though.

16. Neroon

With all of its warts, S5 is still worth watching of for no other reason than to complete the series. Lindley's estimate is probably accurate. Most of the episodes are definitely worth watching, but then you can probably say that about most series' worst seasons.

17. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

<--- Behold! New avatar & custom title!

Opinions, if any?

18. Neroon

Nice touch with the grayscale! Gives G'Kar a film noir, almost Mickey Spillane look there!

:thumbsup:

19. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Thanks. :D

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Very nice avatar, od0!